Register now to get rid of these ads!

DAY ONE OF THE 1959 BUICK TEAR DOWN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BUICKNAILHEAD, Nov 6, 2003.

1. BUICKNAILHEAD

BUICKNAILHEAD

It's a bit nipply out but once you get going it doesnt phase ya!. Day one on the "Prject 59" This one will be juiced (hydraulics) frenched, cut, lead filled, cruiser skirted, shaved, and bashed into perfection. Lookin forward to updating this one if you guys don't mind. I wouldnt mind any pics sent in from other 59 Buick owners. Or pics you have seen for suggestions. Salute! [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. BUICKNAILHEAD

BUICKNAILHEAD

Attached Files:

3. BUICKNAILHEAD

BUICKNAILHEAD

Attached Files:

4. BUICKNAILHEAD

BUICKNAILHEAD

Attached Files:

5. Rocket88

Rocket88

It sure has been nipply the last few days. Man that baby is LARGE!!!!!! What tire and wheel combo are U thinking of running?

6. I won't mind getting the updates - bring them on! Looks like you've got a very ambitious undertaking ahead of you. Good luck, and I hope you have a garage for the months ahead.

7. BUICKNAILHEAD

BUICKNAILHEAD

Sure do have that garage. I will be sure to make good use of it. LONG LONG time before this tootsie roll sees the road again
    [​IMG]

8. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Dammit, where you guys keep finding these 2drs at?

I have several 59 Buff pix at work, will try to post tomorrow.

They look awful bitchin with astros or chrome steelies. 205/75-15's seem to be the de-facto standard.

9. Gary,what a score bro.Looks kill.Can't wait to see the finished product.Keep the pics comin.Wheres Alicia,thought she would have been under the car workin away.
    Blaze says,hi dawgys.........Shiny

10. BUICKNAILHEAD

BUICKNAILHEAD

Yeah i am pretty Stoked with My more door stance right now... Always liked the Smoothies FULL reverse....so deep you could cuddle up in em.. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. Sailor

Sailor

Good luck. Those are some beautiful cars. I only have one suggestion: no skirts. It will look better, trust me. [​IMG]

12. BUICKNAILHEAD

BUICKNAILHEAD

I dunno man.....I think cruiser skirts would pretty killer. And the stock ones look bitchin as well i can't see what the problem is??? can any of you?? I mean Look! [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. BUICKNAILHEAD

BUICKNAILHEAD

Anyone know what the hell tail lights are on this beauty? lil big for 59 caddy aint they?

14. Very cool... keep all those pictures. It's nice to see a project develop. Awesome car to start with too...

15. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

It's a '60, but close...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Belongs to Kustom Legend "Hub" Harness. This was taken in Gettysburg, PA and he had driven it out from KS!!! AWESOME car.....

16. Tore

Tore

I`m with Sailor here the skirts make the car look too heavy on the rear .Maby you could radius the opening instead . [​IMG]

17. Sailor

Sailor

Compare the blue convertible with the copper 60 (Hub Harness' car). Thats two different themes, and Im not in doubt what is the cooler car in my book: the 60 handsdown.

18. lesabre59

lesabre59

Heres one I just sold, man i miss that car..definately go with the skirts..makes the car look like one long missle

19. lesabre59

lesabre59

20. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Think the taillights on the blue vert are from an ambulance. Buick59 had the same sort of lights on his 59.

21. BUICKNAILHEAD

BUICKNAILHEAD

[ QUOTE ]
    Heres one I just sold, man i miss that car..definately go with the skirts..makes the car look like one long missle

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude I can't believe you sold such a beautiful ride. Hope it was for a serious cause. That ride would have been chained to my hip till I croaked! Wow what a great job on that one too! Very very very very very very nice. (drool) (drool some more) I think I saw your car in another post... It made me pause for at least a 1/2 hour. Many Ideas running......and more drooling... Sorry buut that's just too fucking cool! [​IMG]