Register now to get rid of these ads!

Day of the Drags in Temple, who's goin'?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by robleticia, Sep 30, 2010.

1. robleticia

robleticia

Just curious who is going this weekend and will you be racing or spectating?

2. Dirty2

Dirty2

3. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

4. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Me, Lowburban, Holliwood, Cowoc58, 30Roadster, Galaxyman65, etc.....will be spectating, camping, bar-b-queing, and mini bike thrashing! Maybe one day I will build something worth dragging down the track.

5. david363

david363
    from Texas

A group of us are leaving Magnolia @ 10:00 am friday.Some of us to spectate and some race,see ya there.

6. Leaving very early Sat. morning, wouldn't miss them.

7. Lugnut II

Lugnut II

Headin out after lunch today.

8. RAY With

RAY With

We will be heading out about 7:30 AM saturday and will (?) Pictures for sure and may make a few passes-Eat a lot of junk food-see a lot of our friends-bench race and bullshit a lot. Most of all have a good time!

9. robleticia

robleticia

Are you driving the 49 this weekend? Sure would love to put my eyes on that chop!:D Me and Racrdad will be there Sat. morning.

10. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

No, she probably won't make it out of the garage for a few more months. Are you bringing your 51? It sure would be cool to see that Mopar contraption you boys are building screaming down the track!

11. robleticia

robleticia

No brakes or floor pans in the '51, a few more month like you and I will be ready to start driving her(hopefully!). I'm working on the brakes now. Doug started the wiring harness in his ride and we are planning on working on it some more Sunday, maybe it will be running soon. I'm sure nobody would like to see it go down the track more than Doug! Anyway, not this year. Hopefully we will see you there!

12. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

12.49, or bust....

Which could get exciting. I've busted it several times before.

13. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I'm rootin for ya Steve. I got some go-go juice if you want to make sure it happens. ;/

We'll be there Saturday morning til early evening, then off to Mercury Charlie's, then down to South Congress to finish off the night.

14. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Haha, spray would be too easy. Where's the pain, torture and expense in doing it that way?!

I should get there. The car has 12.40's in it, now. I just need to put a run togther to get it done.

15. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Pain= Knocking a hole in a piston, bending some rods, cracking the block!
    Torture= The feeling you have when you hear the Pain!
    Expense= Having to fix it!

Our old way of cracking off a record ET for a car was to always let another guy make a pass in it. The guy usually broke something, but always managed to click off a little better than expected because he wasn't scared to kill the car since it wasn't his. I've managed to blow up a few friends motors/trannies on the big end, but almost always made a quicker run in their cars than they ever did.

See ya'll out there!

16. mastadon

mastadon

leaving at day break saturday:D

17. RAY With

RAY With

Just finished loadind up the hotrod for the early morning trip. See ya there!

18. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Loaded up and pulling out EARLY! See ya'll there.

19. Damn! I wanna go! Hi John!

20. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Hi Mike! You and Mrs. Cactus need to come down some time and check out the drags. Heather and I would be glad to put you up during your stay. I have been telling her what a shame it is you guys aren't closer.

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Me too, first place I ever raced legally.

22. I think I may head out around 7am tomorrow. Its going to be like a 3 hour drive for me, but Im going to try to get out of my house.

23. dt50chev

dt50chev

I'm headed out in the morning for a while to spectate. Have to leave early in the afternoon to take the family to San Antonio for the rest of the weekend.

24. HELLBILLY

HELLBILLY

Hamber ChuckIII (see lame pic below) will be there, this is his first Day of the Drags since moving to Texas.

In other words ..... give him a hard time if you see him cause it sucks he's going and I'm not!:D

Attached Files:

25. My 5 yr old nephew asked my mother-in-law if he can go with Uncle Mikey....so my im bringing my best bud to the drags with me.

26. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

That's cool man! You guys are gonna have a ball! If you fellas feel like it come by the pits and I'll let him sit in my car and crank it up for him. Have fun.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  27. Next year we are totally there! Have fun today and keep it shiny side up!

FYI, we are planning to come down for the LSRU. Don't talk us up too much to Heather, that way she won't be too disappointed when she finds out how lame we are, Ha! :D