Register now to get rid of these ads!

Day of Drags this week. Lets start trash talkin.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 67Imp.Wagon, Sep 27, 2004.

1. BLAKE

BLAKE

[ QUOTE ]

I'll start the trash talkin fer minibike races. Bring it on bitch!

Outlaw, Fatluckys, BLAKE bring it on! I'll take you all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Squank'll be there, joint-sucker... bring that shit!

2. Kool Kat

Kool Kat

Send the Nader people to Dusty. [​IMG]

Hotwheel, I'd like ta swing by yer shop Friday,will you be there? PM me directions.

3. du$ty

du$ty

no i did mean sixth....and who says i aint drinking now. [​IMG] dont worry ill hang around to sock hop a little on congress. [​IMG]

4. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

[ QUOTE ]
    no i did mean sixth....and who says i aint drinking now. [​IMG] dont worry ill hang around to sock hop a little on congress. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

I shoulda known better.

5. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[ QUOTE ]
    Reggie,

I have a pressure plate you can have. I know, you've been known to make mad thrashes the night before these events....

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]
    Don't have the energy to thrash this time. I might still take you up on the pressure plate though [​IMG]

Kerry,
    that does rot....however, Norm will be there with his Hemified roadster....and he is always up for a race or two!

6. Crease

Crease

I'll kick the crap outta you Evil Ford Coupe.....but you can only use reverse.....and very, very bald street tires.....and you cant press the gas down all the way.....Yeah, with those stipulations I am confident that I can kick your ass! [​IMG]

Who all will be runnin inlines? Im thinkin that may be where the fun is!

7. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Did you put the 1x4 on your coupe, Crease? You should be a lot quicker this year, either way. Another grudge run against Sandman?

And where's AntiChrysler?

8. Crease

Crease

Buzzard,

Im gonna stick with the 3x2 set up this year. HRH offered me a set up, but Im afraid I may jack something up making changes this late. Did the camel humps, Roothawg helped me pick a cam, fresh short block, installed a shift kit, swapped out the rearend gears, that's enough for this year. Next year I'll probably find a 2x4 set up and get some sticky tires. I think the Sandman's man to beat will be Moe. His modified is gonna scoot.

Doesn't sound like AntiC is gonna make it. Sure would be cool to see what his RPU would do!

9. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

What gears did you end up with?

That sucks that Anti won't make it. He was talkin' some serious smack a couple of months ago.

10. grass hopper

grass hopper

hotwheels
    i bet you have one but if not you are welcome to use my shop to put the clutch in your car if you like. i have two 9000lbs rotary lifts and i bet i can make room for one bad ass car. let me know i am here every night and day working on my A along with other land cruisers. 512-917-6503 Edwin

11. Crease

Crease

Buzzard.

I went 3.25. Sort of a compromise I can still make the 2.5 hour drive to te track with this set up. Even with the 3.25s and almost open header the motor is screamin on the highway.

Yeah, I really wanted to see what Pat's truck would do.

12. Kool Kat

Kool Kat

The kat with the vert poncho will prolly win again this year. [​IMG]

13. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

I heard he put some gears in that car. You running your '60?

14. krupanut

krupanut

[ QUOTE ]
    The kat with the vert poncho will prolly win again this year. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he does maybe he can use the winnings from the past three years to buy some wheels [​IMG]

15. 3blapcam

3blapcam

This is the first time I'll be there... How do they run it? Is it bracket or heads up racing?

16. krupanut

krupanut

They run brackets during eliminations.

Lots of heads up grudge racing during time trials.

17. Kool Kat

Kool Kat

Thinkin about it krup. 348/ironglide put it in drive and mash on it at the same time off the line everytime and I should win right?

18. krupanut

krupanut

Your a sure thing. [​IMG]

19. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Went by Mercury Charlie's on the way into work this morning. He's got new gears and 5 gallons of race gas. And I'm sure some other stuff he wouldn't tell me about! He's shooting for 12's this year.

20. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

[ QUOTE ]
    He's shooting for 12's this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if I'd have gotten my axles from Moser by now and got my 9 inch installed (with steep gears and posi) I might have been shooting for (high) 12's too!

I know....excuses, excuses... [​IMG] [​IMG]

As it is now...I think I'm going to ease it off the line and hope for at least high 13's. Hopefully the rearend and trans will hold together!

It'll be interesting to see what kind of times everyone is turning this year...It seems like the cars are getting more and more serious about going fast every year.

21. BLAKE

BLAKE

[ QUOTE ]
    It'll be interesting to see what kind of times everyone is turning this year...It seems like the cars are getting more and more serious about going fast every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not ALL the cars! [​IMG]

22. Kool Kat

Kool Kat

[ QUOTE ]

...It seems like the cars are getting more and more serious about going fast every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't that the way it should be? Wait till next year, (evil)LOL

23. krupanut

krupanut

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not ALL the cars! [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard that! [​IMG]

24. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Bass, what did you car run out there?

25. Kool Kat

Kool Kat

A smokey burnout then broke the input shaft off in the tranny and broke some u-joints. He's my hero! With that new motor he'll prolly do it again, sure was a crowd pleaser last year.

26. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

I meant the time before. What were he and Ric running? I know they were close.

27. krupanut

krupanut

Ric was 13.90s / 13.80s ? maybe alittle faster?

Bass was low 15s if I remember right.
    He should tare it up this year.

28. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Yeah...15 flat at the first drags with a slipping TH350. Ric got his '40 all the way down into the mid 13's last year.

I figured I would be in the mid-high 14's last year if I would have been able to make a pass. [​IMG] I think I'm bringing a spare transmission and a spare pair or axles this year (just in case). [​IMG]

Hell it might run 16's...I guess I won't know til we get out there. I know it looks and sounds better now though! [​IMG]

Possible preview of this weekend:

Attached Files:

29. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

[ QUOTE ]

Hell it might run 16's...I guess I won't know til we get out there. I know it looks and sounds better now though! [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I know exactly how you feel. I'm gonna feel like a jackass if I go out and run the same times as before I did all this work. It sounds better, but it could just be all loud and no go.

30. Roothawg

Roothawg

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I know exactly how you feel. I'm gonna feel like a jackass if I go out and run the same times as before I did all this work. It sounds better, but it could just be all loud and no go.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm......me too.