Register now to get rid of these ads!

David Lee Roth......Ed Roth's son?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NiteOwlChris, Jul 10, 2006.

1. NiteOwlChris

NiteOwlChris

Maybe or maybe not, but one thing for sure

Cheaterama car show is right around the corner.... Saturday august 19th
    Nite Owl Drive In
    830 E. Layton Ave.
    Milwaukee, WI 53207

Its good times for all, hope to see you there!!!

Chris

2. Class vs. Ass - you decide...

Attached Files:

3. RF

RF

Ed would have been about 10 years old when he fathered li'l Davey. Maybe he was practicing up his Mormon a little early.

4. He would have been about 10 AND in Swampscott Massachusetts if I remember correctly.
    God I hate David Lee Roth.....AND Van Halen for that matter....

5. No matter what you think of DLR's musical chops, you have to give him points for being a volunteer EMT/ paramedic for the city of New York...

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,14392,00.html

And you have to give even more points to Milwaukee's fine Cheater Organization. Huzzah! Miss their fabulous annual Cheaterama at your own peril!

6. RF

RF

Diamond Dave was and always will be a ruler, period. He not only had the balls (literally) to sport spandex w/o a Brazilian wax, but rolled a Dick Dean '50 Merc when everyone else was mini-truckin or buggin.

7. Bleh....
    I don't care if Tony Nancy stitched his merkin....he still makes me want to shoot myself.
    :D

8. Jaker

Jaker

Actually I once heard that Richard Simmons and Gene Simmons were seperated at birth.....

Does the night owl serve chicken sandwhiches?

-Jake

9. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

yes dick dean is a ruler!!! david is a tool!!! little too stuck on himself for me...but V H was alot better with him then sam!!! man i wish i could make it to the show..sounds fun...
    besides...no one rocks like mike bolton!!!he's dreamy:eek: :rolleyes: :D

10. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

None of the bitchy lady teachers at the school I teach at ever believe me when I tell them Bolton was a metal guy before a foo foo whatever he is now.

They also don't believe me when I tell them Mr. Silky voice James Taylor played the driver in Two Lane Blacktop and "shudder" that he says bad words in it.

I don't get it...women in my age bracket (30's) digging on Bolton, Taylor, and Yani. They all also every christmas talk about that Streamroller band and the big thing right at the end of the year was who's album was better...Rod Stewarts or Barry Manilows...I told them they should try the real guys like Sinatra and Martin and one of them looked at me and said she did not like that old stuff. The Stewart and Manilow albums they were talking about were both cover albums of 40's standards and such.

Wi-men....yesh.

11. Haunted Ken

Haunted Ken

Actually David Lee Roth was the nephew of the owner of NYC'S Cafe Wha?, a famous club back in the late sixties....

And you have to admit, he's still way cooler than Ed Van Halen.... though I don't know what to think of DLR's latest Bluegrass endevour....

Regardless, I will be at The Night Owl on August 19th, and hopefully even with the T-Rod.......

12. borndead327

borndead327

since we have the same last name does that make me a distant nephew?

13. Muttley

Muttley

This guy also prefers Van Halen over Van Hagar:

[​IMG]

14. 53burb

53burb

David Lee Roth' dad passed away a couple of years ago. Dr. Nathan Roth, Eye Doctor. Over here in San Marino is his practice. He was my eye dr. for the last 5 years of his life. His wife and Daughter, Dave' sister, Lisa, come into my place of work in Pasadena all the time. I actually did an art piece of DLR and gave it to his mom to give to him. Very nice family, the Roth family. KNUX!

15. 53burb

53burb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diamond Dave was and always will be a ruler, period. He not only had the balls (literally) to sport spandex w/o a Brazilian wax, but rolled a Dick Dean '50 Merc when everyone else was mini-truckin or buggin. "Amen" to that RF! Van Halen ruled when DLR was their frontman! KNUX! Has anyone ever noticed my avatar pic? It is Dave way back in the good 'ol days. '78-'79'ish. KNUX!

16. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

i defitnetely wont have the A ready by then, but i will be on my ironhead... see you guys there!

17. DrJ

DrJ

David was on one of the late night shows a couple weeks ago.
    Seems a group of guys decided to cover his stuff in a joke parody kind of way and David got wind of it and rather than crying like a Diva bitch or getting pissed off, HE JOINED THE GROUP and is doing gigs with them!
    I think that's class.
    Most of what I ever knew of David outside of Van Halen was his music videos and I saw them and him to be just a current version of an old vaudville act.
    He's a ENTERTAINER!
    And if that includes acting ,like the ass a lot of women thought about Just a Gigilo or playing class clown, that's alright because it's funny.
    Now after seeing him perform the other night I'm trying to figure out if hes got old man still trying to rock but the but goes the wrong direction from the hips syndrome or if he was doing a parody of Neil Diamond's stage moves? :rolleyes:

18. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

David Lee Roth was PUNKROCK before half the HAMB clowns knew who the Sex Pistols were...

He was HEAVY into the LA Punk scene circa the late 70's...

He and my wife were hanging out at one of the after hours clubs in LA when it got raided...

Diamond Dave got busted... :)

19. 53burb

53burb

He also got busted for pot in Central Park a couple of years ago. KNUX!

20. RF

RF

Obviously not bad enough to actually do it, though!

21. 53burb

53burb

Now Rob, that is funny!!!!!! KNUX!

22. Barz51

Barz51

Or he could not afford supper!:eek:

Oh, by the way,
    I AM NEIL DIAMOND AND I WILL SMACK YOU IN THE MOUTH!

[​IMG]

If you have no idea what is going on click here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cliq6UcgSlk&search=Will%20Ferrell%20Neil%20Diamond

23. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Jimmy White is still the David Lee Roth of Hot rodding.......

24. Haunted Ken

Haunted Ken

So does that make Chip Foose the Sammy Hagar? :rolleyes:

25. I've had enough of this "Too cool for_________" bullshit.

David Lee Roth and Van Halen fucking ROCK... understand? They ROCK!

Add to that the fact that David Lee Roth and his Dad ran a Tractor Puller and that just makes him that much more cooler...

(Don't even think about bashing tractor pulling! Monster truck racing, yea... but tractor pulling... NO!)

Sam.

26. Muttley

Muttley

Nah......more like the lead singer for Flock Of Seagulls.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. Exactly.

Sam.

28. Ouch!
    Not just yet...but if I have to hear "Panama" one more time!
    :p

29. RF

RF

I can e-mail you an mp3 of Just a Gigolo to help speed matters up! (Actually, the country version of Jamie's Cryin ain't too bad...might have to steel a copy of that new album)

30. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

My friend's dad was in David Lee Roth's "Just a Gigolo" music video. He was the guy impersonating Willie Nelson who had to pick DLR and throw him through a hole in the floor. He was recovering from heart bypass surgery at the time and it just about finished him.

The first two Van Halen albums were killer. Everything after that was just plain lame.