Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dave50`s craigslist 32 5w

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dave50, Jul 7, 2011.

1. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Wow, congrats sir! That's a purdy car. It looks like the rear axle is connected to the chassis with split bones, mounted fairly parallel to the frame rails. Would sure like a few underside pix of that, if you ever have the chance. Anywho, congrats once again, and it's lookin way better with those new shoes! :)

And sorry to hear about your G/F.....I hope all will be well.

2. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Hope ur girl friend is okay bud! And wow what a killer score!

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yeah hope your girlfriend is on the up and up, I'll be thinking about her.

However, in the meantime....DAMN! What a difference the front wheels make on this thing. It's looking great!!

4. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

progress is progress, dave. and i got good thoughts over here for your girl.

5. Dave50

Dave50

Thanks Guys appreciate the thoughts she has been through 10 surgery`s already for melonoma. Anyway back to Jake I am calling the car Jake for now i will tell the reason soon. So heres some pics idk why but i sure do like my valve stem caps:cool: and i had to remove the intake and set the new one on for now i just had to, got sick of looking at the 4bbl enjoy i know i did :D

6. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Man-o-man that looks killer out in the daylight. Keep picking away at it and you'll be bombin around in no time. Best wishes to your girlfriend too!

7. F&J

F&J

X2, it looks slick.

8. Dave50

Dave50

Thanks again guys for the thoughts!

Jake looks good outside in the sun I`m really considering rubbing out the paint and a buff... It will look killer and since its original paint I dont think it will hurt the nostalgia or look of the car? I am however bummed I may not get this running and road worthy anytme soon i was really hoping to go to milltown for my first time and the first ride with car as its only about 40 minutes from me. Between Buisness,G/F. the boy, and racecar I am running out of time, I worked on the car til 9 pm lastnight. with it so hot i give up easy lol. I do put a couple hours in a day usually. The carbs and linkage are also going to bea bit of work. I am waiting for my fuel block and some other small stuff so we`ll see.

Scott and Chuck you guys gonna be at Milltown?? I am going to work Jake all weekend after i get done work so i can get as much done as possible as the few shows i want to go to are coming up quick!

9. F&J

F&J

Come on, just skip the wax and the 4x2 for now... we want to see the dang car at Milltown :( ...:cool:

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Awesome work man that's incredible looking!!!!!

And with out starting a shit storm, I would trailer that car to Mill Town and set it up for people to see. It's one thing for a new car to be trailered to a show 40 minutes away but this thing has some history and is a living example of what was . It would be a great addition to any show for people to see the car even though it's not running yet. It will soon but you've put so much into the car so far why wait to show it to people.

Just my two cents.

11. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

If your car is gonna be there then I'm definately goin to Milltown!!

ps I'm with Jeffrey, even if you gotta drag it there it'll be worth it!

12. Dave50

Dave50

F&J I would have to rebuild the 4bbl anyway so theres time and money.. lol Believe me If i can i will get-er done :)

JJ I was thinking that also but man it will be cool to drive it finally!! I been dreaming about it for a long time, and ik there will be the nay sayers and critics but i dont care about them I care about the cooll guys that really know what these cars about.

327-365 I am contemplating it and will see what the weather is and how much i got done. It will be cool to show it just the way i got most of it as i am not changing much just enough to get road worthy and safe even the rear wheels are gonna stay for now unless i can get something cheap or borrow some until find what i may want to put on there. I was going to buy some new slicks but money is getting tight :eek:. I will let you know if i will be there with car wanna see you and shoot the poop.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  13. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

lookin good man.....

14. McFly

McFly

Wow! What a bitchin' old hot rod. Congrats.

15. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Cool car!

I would definitely wax that paint.

16. nolly

nolly

Kool find,Dave!! Where about in Redlands was it found?
    Don't worry about the spelling and grandma(typo)!!;) Wait till the 'Tweeters' & 'Texters' start coming through,we'll ALL seem like 'Professors of writing!!':eek::rolleyes:

:p
    <table border="3"><tbody><tr><td><center> [​IMG] </center></td></tr><tr><td><center> [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] </center></td></tr><tr><td><center> [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] </center></td></tr></tbody></table>

17. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I likes it. grammer ands alls.

Wishized its wuz mines.

I nevar reads da story any wayds, just looks at the purty pivtures.

Nice. Thanks for posting.

18. Dave50

Dave50

HOLY SHIT WHO`S IDEA WAS IT TO WASH AND WAX THIS THING!!!!!!!!! :confused: I just washed the rear 1/4 with a shop rag with soap and water and gave a small rub a dub with some wax i had laying around and man this thing is gonna clean up to good in a way! And its not in good light or buffed.. I didn`t do the fender or above the rib line just the rear 1/4 as i am sure you can see. I cleaned the interior up tonight it was filthy and the seat foam was coming apart bad and falling all over floor so vacumed it up and washed the seats. SHHWING! :p

Thanks Milltown,Mcfly,Django,nolly, and Francisco

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  19. Harms Way

Harms Way

Holy cow !
    Just imagine what a little Mirror Glaze and some good wax could do ,.......

20. Dave50

Dave50

Thats what I am thinking i am not a paint and body guy i usually screw up a clean up on my stuff put scratches in etc or the paint peels :eek: But i wanted to know what it would look like with a little soap and water lol. Damn thing is gonna look gooooood !

21. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

dave,

what do you need for rear wheels?

22. Dave50

Dave50

I dont have anything right now the tires on there have cracks from where they were setting flat all those years but have new tubes they are 4 1/2 lugs out back. the LR studs are Left hand thread lol common on the early ones

Be back in a half hour i gotta get home!

23. F&J

F&J

You said a while back that this was an Olds rear. If it has lefties, it must be 50s type Olds? If so, it should be 5" bolt circle...60" at wheel mount flanges.

If I can remember tommorrow, I'll take a pic of mine with 16" 1939 Stude wheels that sort of look like early Ford wheels...and they are "all backspace", so they will not stick out like that. I bought one wheel from Pease in Palmer, and a match from ebay.

I might be switching to 15" so I can run 50s wheel covers, not sure yet :confused:

24. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

if you need 5 on 4 1/2, i have a pair of originals from the 54, with decent old bias wide whites that are still driveable.

if you need 5 on 5, i got nuthin'.

lemme know though, happy to help out.

25. Dave50

Dave50

I think its a olds rear not sure but sure looks like it. I measured across the studs and the one i did measured 4 1/2 i think i did it right. Ok i`ll let ya know what i measure tomorrow.

26. F&J

F&J

Best way to measure (for me) is to skip over one stud, measure to the centers, then add 1/4"

so a 5" Olds circle would be 4-3/4" to centers of two studs with skipping over one.

27. Dave50

Dave50

F&J thats what i got then i got 4 1/2 but im pretty sure its a olds so 4 3/4 sounds right

28. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

dang, all i've got is Ford stuff. 5 on 4 1/2, 5 on 5 1/2.

wish i had something. i wanna see this thing!

29. old_dan

old_dan

30. Dave50

Dave50

Thanks guys and thanks olddan i am trying to bring jake back to life asap with limited funds :(.

Just scored some garnish mouldings i am offficially broke lol

So it`s 5 x5 if you go by speedways way of doing it and F&J`s way also like i said i believe its a olds rear and will find out some numbers and the tranny aswell it only has 3 shift points too. Its to hot to be in garage woirking so i`ll be on puter in office most of the day, wish the shop had A/C :D

I just cleaned the tranny up had alot of dryer lint around it so blew it off this hydro is a R55 266743 are the numbers F&J what do you know about this tranny :)

Hydro R-55 266743

Tail shaft # 8617118 3-20

Rear diff #501826

I AM THINKING I SHOULD HAVE A OPEN HOUSE AT MY SHOP AND INVITE EVERYONE UP TO SEE SHOP AND CAR. AMOUNG OTHER THINGS HERE AT SHOP??