Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dave50`s craigslist 32 5w

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dave50, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

2. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Cool find, bad ass.

3. Dave50

Dave50

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!! THANKS!

F&J you bet i am! I am trying to put a list of Nostalgic Traditional shows i want to go to with this car, idw to go to many car show where there are street rods and listen to them call my car a rat rod...

rld14 that`s the plan

GaryB i did not get the garnish mouldings still looking.

Thanks Hotrod32 i will i have 40 ford wheels for now need tires

Thanks Billet

I need front tires tubes,4 frog mouth scoops,front brake shoes,wheel cylinders,brake hoses,master cyl and i have found the radiator lower outlet is rotted. A oil pressure gauge,seat foam it fell apart when i sat in it lol. That`s all i can think of now...

I have changed the water pump,rear wheel cylinders,shoes,spring kit,just bought the 97`s and got them today! Glass beaded the rear drums and fronts as well most likely will paint flat black or let patina up. Did some cleanup on the chrome parts..... Fixed some wiring. I scored a old bronco rear i may put in eventually and lower rear down but am gonna take some time and consider it, the rear in it is a olds and is to wide and high for my liking but it is a time capsule as mentioned and i may just leave it alone.That`s it for now have a good night.

The othe thread was Dave50`sModelA build

4. It's getting pretty bad when you can't even do a post on a 32 without getting a bunch of bitching. I thought 32's were sacred and nobody would bitch as long as it was a 32. Let's call it the H.A.B.B. The Hokey Ass Bitching Board. Nice score by the way.

5. rottenrods

rottenrods

That's a great find! Its the car we all dream of! I wish I could find my own

6. F&J

F&J

I have an early Olds rear in my 32 full fendered. I used non-deep dish steel wheels that i widened 1" on the back side. The tire is completely under the rear fender.

Your coupe sits good to me.

7. Dave50

Dave50

That`s a good idea F&J i wont change anything for awhile. I will get better pics posted so you can see how high up it is or better yet get it running and drive it down to show you lol.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was a bit put off by that attitude too. I'm only 64 but some of you young guys think that anyone over 55 should be stuck in the home never to be seen again. The way to talk to a 70 year old is with a bit of respect unless he has wronged your mother or grandmother than all bets are off.

I also realize that some guys or gals can't spell very well but there are plenty of spell check programs floating around the net. I also realize that some don't have the best grammar or writing skills but then you slow down and work on it a bit and go back over what you wrote before hitting submit. That I can deal with though, what burns my biscuits is the clowns who deliberately write in a manner that no one can understand and misspell words because they think somehow that it gets them in the "cool dudes club".

That is a nifty little car that you picked up with a great story behind it. It will be interesting to see what you do with it.

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

This is about the greatest thing I can think of as it plays right into the theme of the HAMB. It's possible for the whole world to gather in one guys garage and share the thrill of unearthing an old hot rod. Looks like this one is in good hands and we all can watch it's rebirth into a functioning car again. Keep the updates coming.

Frank

10. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

WOW! I love it. Good on you man.

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You know my thoughts on it. I love it!! Stoked for you and it's evolution to YOUR car all while keeping it's charm. Go man Go!!!

12. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Guy finds a 32, is going to bring it roaring back to life. It has hotrod history and people flame him for sentence structure! Buddy I don't care how you phrase it..you could write it in hyrogliphics.. Your 32 is awesome well done

13. Dave50

Dave50

Please tell me where i disrespected this man! If because i stated his age and lack of memory I am sorry and i removed it! I live by some very strong words of wisdom from my GRANDFATHER He told me to Respect your elders, treat all woman like a lady, if you don`t have nothing nice to say don`t say anything at all ,and keep your eyes and ears open and mouth shut you will learn more! I am 40 just a pup to some. I am here to enjoy the board the cars the people! Not argue or offend anyone! Not here to be a miserable arguementive sob. NOW PLEASE GUYS STOP WHINING CAUSE YOU WANT TO TAKE SOMETHING THE WAY YOU SEE IT AND READ IT! IT`S NOT WHAT I INTENDED!

14. hozem396

hozem396
    from ohio

Nice story & great find. Got any lottery numbers to give me? Anyway, we all wish we could find the "barn find" of the year but I think you beat us out!

15. If I found something that great I'd probably be too excited to worry about grammer either.

16. Awesome coupe.

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

That's a fine addition to the East Coast! Look forward to seeing it at an event this year.

18. lurch13

lurch13

19. Nice score! exactly what i want to find for my next project... instead of building from scratch i wanna restore and HONOR someones hard work from back in the day!
    MS

20. Wicked wicked find ! well done .

21. Rem

Rem

Great looking car - looks like much better workmanship on things like the channeling and chop than some of the stuff you see from back then (and now, in some cases!).

22. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

that's a really neat car. i hope i get to see it around soon. congratulations.

23. Thirtycoup

Thirtycoup

Good luck with this resurrection Dave..... you got a great score there. Like Mark said, hope to see it around man.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  24. paintcan54

paintcan54

Nice find, you are a lucky man, to have such a fine peice of hot rodding history. Make it safe and enjoy your ride.

25. 18n57

18n57

Great story, great find...maybe there is still a glimmer of hope that somewhere another '32 waits to be discovered!!
    Best of luck with your new ride..color me jealous:)

26. dirtyball

dirtyball
    from G town Ks

Your like the luckiest man alive.

27. Hot Rod Cowboy

Hot Rod Cowboy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fantastic car!!! And judging by the level of excitment you have expressed in this thread, you are really going to enjoy it. Glad it was you that got it and not "the other guy." He probably lost a lot of sleep over this... I was just wondering, have you stopped smiling yet?

28. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

I missed that one on craigslist, Nice score

29. Dave50

Dave50

Guys I haven`t stopped smiling since i got it! I am very lucky and am lucky to have a good friend who thought of me when he seen the add. I always heard of these finds and thought half where BS but i guess it happens and It finally happened to me!! :) I can`t wait to fire it up and meet up with some of you guys at a show or 2 and talk cars. I like alot of your cars that i see out there and like to hang out meet new people who like what i like. If i forgot to say thanks to any of you THANKS i truly appreciate your ideas and comments. This car is In pretty damn good condition and a true time capsule of the era. I am sorry that i got excited when sharing my find with you but that`s who and how i am. I get flustered and vent like that maybe i need a little work ....:cool: Have a great day keep looking there out there still. I just heard of another that was bought in the same area as i got my coupe and sold at LARS for 59,500 yes that one wow good for him...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011