Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Dave Crower - R.I.P.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oldmics, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Did not see any mention regarding this. A bit belated . My apologys if it has already been posted.

Passed 9/24/2015 Stage 4 cancer

https://www.crower.com/

2. bchctybob

bchctybob

Sincere condolences to the legendary Crower family. That's a hard way to lose a loved one.
    Can anyone enlighten us as to the role Dave played in the vast accomplishments he and his family have made? I've read about Bruce Crower and his automotive exploits but I'd like to know more about Dave. I'm sure he has carved out a remarkable legacy of his own.

3. D.N.D.

D.N.D.
    Member Emeritus

So sorry to hear about Dave as he was a cool guy, in 70' he ran one of my 350 Crower Injected Chevys on his dyno at the rear of their building just north of the border in Chula Vista

Dave made several wild cams for me that worked great and used their products for years

Also got to see the turbo Chevy Indy car that Bruce had put together

R.I.P. Dave

Sincerely Don Nowell

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  4. Another one to pancreatic cancer?? Very sad no matter who it is. The Crower name is one I recall as a kid.

5. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Sorry to hear this. Bruce lost his sister years ago and now Dave. This was a tight knit family operation for years with cousins also working at the plant. Last time I did business at Crower, Dave's son helped me solve a problem. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I remember that Dave drove a AA Fueler.

6. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

The turbo with the wierd heads ?

7. Gene Boul

Gene Boul

He was always willing to help / talk...never to busy to chat with a newbe.

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow - did not hear about this - sincere sympathy goes out to his Family & friends