Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Dave Burns History?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by jim1932, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Those of us into bangers are very familiar with the Burns dual and single carb intakes. I know he also made V-8 intakes. He was from Huntington beach California. Other than that, I can find nothing on him. I have run across his name in a few dry lakes results. Was wondering if anyone knew his history. Burns-racing-equipment-1948.jpg

2. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

I have two low early flat head 2 X 2 Burns intake manifolds (both different) in my collection. I know that Dave Burns operated a foundry in Huntington Park Ca and made 4 banger and flat head intake manifolds. He also made car club plaques and made bolt on intake manifold risers that would make a low 2 X 2 intake into a high rise.I have a pair of his risers as well, which are about 4 1/2 inches tall. It would appear that the early lakes racers discovered the ram effect to increase power and speed. I believe he raced on the California dry lakes as well but there is very little detailed information on Dave Burns.

waxhead and KKrod like this.