Register now to get rid of these ads!

dash paint

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rrr-1947, Jul 31, 2009.

1. rrr-1947

rrr-1947

Hello guys -parden me I'm new at this!

I have a question on a couple of the cars I'm redoing.
    I'm wanting to paint the dash on a 1966 dodge coronet 500 convert. and a 1963 Chevy II 2 dr. My problem is that both cars basicaly have what I call a suede finish(has a tecture to them). How do you get the suede texture or do you just paint a low gloss?

Thanks
    rrr-1947

2. Welcome from Central Valley California,
    This is the intro page where you tell us about yourself,
    You question should be posted on the main HAMB page it will get more attention there.

3. Mason

Mason

The type of paint you choose determines the sheen of the finish, if you want a suede finish request that at the paint supply house. Any paint supply house can take a specialty color and add a flatting agent to it. Both the Coronet and the Nova I believe have almost a slight rough finish on them which is going to be difficult to duplicate if you going for a original look. If I were going to try that I would use a 2 part urethane base color and shoot the paint on very dry hoping to get that same texture, experiment on some other than the dash first! Good Luck

4. 343w

343w

Howdy rrr, it's good to hear from you, enjoy the site and welcome onboard.

Register now to get rid of these ads!