Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dash ideas for 28-29 Model A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boxcar's 1928, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Boxcar's 1928

Boxcar's 1928

I'm in the ideas and parts collection mode and was wondering if there's any interesting replacement dash options out there for my Tudor project. I am willing to do some level of modification to get it to fit. Please pass some info or pics so I can better aim my search.
    thanks all

2. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

can you use the face of the tank that Henry made?, it fits and looks right , and can easily be modified, and if your not using it for a fuel tank , even more options

[​IMG]

3. 117harv

117harv

Show me you Custom dash in your Model A

Here is a link to a short thread with a link to another one. There are several threads with great pics and info...it will take some searching on your part.

4. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Do a search, there's a thread I do believe on dashes in model A's. I just saw a thread yesterday of a 36 Ford dash in a model A. I like the 49, 50 Ford dashes in them myself.

5. Boxcar's 1928

Boxcar's 1928

Hye guys thanks forthose links and such....the 33-34 dash looks nice. Will have to see if my dad has an extra one from his 33 build he did long ago. Like the idea of a glovebox but may need that space for some a/c. The search continues.

6. Speed~On

Speed~On

I was brainstorming one night and came up with a dash design for a Model A. I put it on paper, then made a wood template to ensure a nice fit. As fate would have it I found a guy on the HAMB that owns a company called Dash Manufacturing a.k.a. The Dash Man. I contated the owner (Ben) and it turns out his shop is only 2 1/2 hrs from my house. I drove to his shop and he liked my idea so he agreed to make the dash I designed. He liked it so much that he made a few more just to have on hand. I would venture a guess he still has some if you like what you see. Ben is a SUPER nice guy.

Here are some photos of the dash and my car if you are interested.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/60403447@N02/

Take care.

7. Boxcar's 1928

Boxcar's 1928

Very nice and creative. I like that rivet theme in the 5w.Thanks for sharing.