Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Darkest before the dawn... '51 Merc restoration shots

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pro Stock John, Sep 12, 2008.

1. I know I liked Mercs before I bought this car back in January, but it was only after talking to Bob and then others that I realized I wanted to make the car a pre 1955 custom.

2. Oh and I am 105% painting the car black.

I'm still open the grille, I think I will wait until the car is in primer to figure it out, so that we drill the holes we need to drill. I was going to ask Bobby @ King Kustoms to make a floating grille for me.

3. americanautomoving

americanautomoving
    from Miami, Fl.

Nice! Keep up the good work bro!

4. I'm just buying stuff and spending money, my friend Paul's shop is doing all the hard work.

5. SMOKINFLATHEAD

SMOKINFLATHEAD
    from SOCAL

What car did you take those front end parts from? I love it!

6. Im all in for BLACK!!!!! Thanks for the update pics and keep them coming. Cant wait to see the taillights. ETHER

7. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Stock yes, rough...HELL no! That thing is a mint starting point!

8. SWDOBBS, ISNT THAT THE "CARVING A THANKSGIVING MERCURY"? How about a couple updates on that? Chad

9. fuck. heres hoping you actually finish it and not leave it in pieces like a lot of us.

10. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

i cant push you to red, but i can vote dark dark cherry red

11. Black for sure, even the wifey has an opinion.

Old setup had front turn signals sitting behind that grille I have, I wonder if I should try to remount them.

12. zapp69

zapp69

Looking great, You are going to have a nice looking car when done.
    Bumpers were the first thing I bought for my 49 before it even arrived, those Briz bumpers have no place on a merc. No if only my shipping guy would find my replacement bumpers he managed to loose between LA and here.

13. Yes the Briz bumpers now reside in the garage of Lowpunk.

Star Chrome on Ogden has my '50 front and '51 rear. I did not use the '50 rear overrider I bought so I will be selling that at some point.

14. TomCat 1

TomCat 1

John, Looks like your really kickin' butt, wish mine was that close. I'm looking for a center piece to fab up my stock grill. Let me knowif your not going to use your old grill. Are you going to James Dean or to the pileup? TomCat1

15. Hellfish

Hellfish

looks great! when do you think it will get paint?

16. Hey Tomcat will let you know for sure, and I am not going to Pileup and I"m not familiar with the other event.

Paint I'm thinking real soon.