Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Dan Post Book on Customs/Reprint?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pimpin paint, Dec 20, 2010.

1. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

I recall a book on kustoms printed by Dan Post/Post Motor Books, from the sixties, and wondered if it's been reprinted since. I haven't seen a copy in fourty years, and can recall a bleu cover, and photos other than the ones that littered most magazines of the era, taken by Barris.
    Anyone know for sure?

Thanx,

" Meanwhyle, back aboard The Tainted Pork "

2. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Are you talking about the Abc of custom how?

I have one of those. I was told once that the son has the rights and has thought about reprinting them. I haven't heard anything since that. It was about 2 years ago.

3. I'm not aware of any Dan post custom books printed in the sixties. He printed several in the forties and early fifties.

Here's a pic of his Blue Book of Customs from about 1947, is this the one you mean?

Mick

Attached Files:

4. williebill

williebill

I've got the Dan Post books,bought on Ebay years ago for stupid money.I'd love to see them reprinted,then more would have a chance to read them.Don't know what they bring now,but those books pulled me into the biggest bidding war I've ever done on Ebay.
    Come to think of it,it was probably one of you guys I was bidding against.

5. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey Mick,

That's the one, though I remember the cover being a darker colour. Again, it's been fourty years, I'm guessin' since I've seen a copy!

I've several Post Motor Books printed/reprinted in the sixties on the subjects of automotive restoration: Wood Work, Metal Work, Leather Work & one on Pinstriping & Lettering. I figgered that the book on customs made it to reprint, as well.

Thanx,

'' Do not be too quick to drink the Kool-Aid "