Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dan Glover mid-engine gold 57 chevy from Yucaipa California

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevrolet150, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

Check next edition of Roddre's Journal.

volvobrynk likes this.
  2. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

3. lorodz

lorodz

April bump. .

4. ARNIE

ARNIE

Someone out there has the answer!!!

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Belated Cinco De Mayo bump.

6. TRJ

TRJ
    Alliance Vendor

We've enjoyed following this thread from the start. As @Dan Glover mentioned, his mid-engined '57 — along with the Konen Brothers' C-T Automotive '55 — are featured in the latest issue of The Rodder's Journal, #66. The opening spread is attached. We're dying for either of these radical machines to surface again. TwoChevs.jpg

7. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

A public thanks to the Rodders Journal for the resent ink.

kiwijeff and TRJ like this.
  8. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Big problem is that current owner only knows what he was told and what the previous owner was told by the previous owner etc..Some facts get lost and others get embellished or fabricated to suit sale..If the frame didn't get changed at some point in time then some one may notice an un used tab or bracket and wonder what it was there for and tell a bud who tells another bud who happened to have seen this thread..Stuff happens in strange ways..

9. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

10. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

11. I'd say it is. Looks like the same one I saw at the NSRA Street Machine Nationals in the late 70's that I posted a picture of earlier. Even though the one in your pictures is missing the side moldings. Yours must be a later picture.

Somebody has to know where it is today. 57 Chevy's don't go to the scrap yard unless they get totaled in an accident.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  12. Tn. Trash

Tn. Trash

13. And how do you know that Dan's car was changed back to the stock motor and firewall location???

14. Tn. Trash

Tn. Trash

From a previous owners post earlier in the thread.

15. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Yeah, maybe back around page 11-12..But I read it too..

16. Go back to Page 11 and reread Redlinetoys post he is talking about a completely different 57 which was black and then became orange and was named The Great Pumpkin, and also it is a Hardtop not the Sedan that Dan built with the radical engine setback car. People you have to READ the post carefully so thing are understood by all and not post the wrong information. That is what happen when I posted about a 57 I had when I was in High School and everyone thought I owned Dan's 57 which I Did Not, mine was a Hardtop 210 not a Sedan which is what Dan's car was. READ THE POST CAREFULLY!!!!!!!!

17. Tn. Trash

Tn. Trash

I read the story on the Great pumpkin/ black car.
    This is the car I was talking about, still has the straight axle. The car was painted red according to the thread and the engine was moved back to the front. Look at the pictures.
    I did read the entire thread, I didn`t just jump in at the end without doing so.

18. Dunno' if that is the car or not. Things change obviously ... but the engine seems further back, dash treatment noticeably altered, the doghouse structure looks different, although similar, and the column looks longer then the original. Maybe this is the similar car referred to earlier in the thread ? Clone, or maybe car hiding in plain sight ? More sauce to add to the cookin'. Tastes like "catfish" maybe ...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    kiwijeff and volvobrynk like this.
  19. SmokinBill

SmokinBill

You guys do see the '55 dash right??? Dan's car was a '57

20. Lol. Yes, his car is and was a 1957 Chevrolet. Thanks.

21. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Yeah, it looks to be a different car. I'd guess, it was inspired by Glover's 57, same as the "Uncertain T" saw copy builds. It's just about the same color as Glover's too and probably done a long time ago (1970's paneling door panels and Car Craft Street Machine Nat's window decal). Like you said, engine is further back as is the steering wheel. Different seats, interior panels, inside garnish not chromed, side view mirror, has outside side window trim but no side trim.
    Given the dash and rear wheelwell shape (and no 55 front fender spear), I'd guess it's a 56.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  22. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

I'm positive this is not the same car, but just as cool. Lots of different items on this car. The dash is still installed, and who would put a 55 or 56 dash in a 57? Yea I know that the right hand drive 57's had the 55/56 dash. I had interior CHROME window garnish. Who would bother to UN chrome them and paint them? Plus the exterior on this car has stainless trim around the outside of the windows. Where is all the side stainless trim?

Anything is possible. The suspension in front and back would tell the story.

Yea, finding the owner of this car would be the best way to learn the truth.

At any rate this car is a nice ride. I wonder if it has any engine covering that isn’t shown in the photos?

See Ya….

Dan

23. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

(OH,
    PS... Yes my car was changed back to a front motor and painted red. Last known date of the car was 1995.
    Dan

24. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

I color corected this photo and corrected the contrast and you can see that this car is a '55 or '56..
    Dan

56 mid engine.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  25. Hey Dan .... from your "looking for" ad in Gasser Madness ..... did you ever get full information to who this owner was ? Who or what, is Jake's Rakes ?? As well as where this car was geographically at this picture's time ? I apologize if this is posted previously .... 20 years is forever .... but not too long if the car is someone's keeper.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    volvobrynk likes this.
  26. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

I had contact with the guy that had the car when it was red in 1995 and he said he can't remember what happened to the car. I find that hard to believe, but that is what he said. ??drugs?? what ever.
    Dan

LOST ANGEL and volvobrynk like this.
  27. jeta12

jeta12

Read the whole tread...I am so glad you still have it in your blood Dan!!...You are an inspiration to a lot of people, including me. Don't give up on this. It has to be out there somewhere.

Eric

28. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

Someone is confused. lol... The Great Pumkin was ORANGE and it was a 210 hard top. I'm in contact with that car now and it has never and still does not have a stright axle. The car is back to black and running a 502 big lock.. Here are current photos. At the current time the trim has been installed. The photo of the engine was before the new paint and the orange is still present. IMG_20140718_134023_681.jpg IMG_20140718_154122_056.jpg IMG_20140604_122145_284.jpg

29. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

Was my first car, then The Great Pumpkin, and now this it it today..
    Tims 57 with Chrome.-20150621-111801472.jpg