Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dan Glover mid-engine gold 57 chevy from Yucaipa California

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevrolet150, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

Yes, more INK thanks to The Rodders Journal.

Gearing Up for The Revival
    [​IMG]Share
    [​IMG]Tweet
    [​IMG]Forward to Friend
    [​IMG]

Coming Soon in TRJ
    As we put the finishing touches on TRJ#64, which prints next week, we wanted to give you a sneak peek at what’s on tap for the next few issues. In between hitting the summer car show circuit and planning forour own TRJ Revival this September, we’ve turned up a host of fantastic hot rods and customs and great historical stories that have us pretty excited. Here’s a taste of what’s in store.
    Brand New Deuce Coupe
    [​IMG]
    Major Lin's United Pacific-bodied '32 Ford coupe
    We were so impressed with United Pacific’s new, all-steel Deuce five-window bodies that we arranged to shoot a full baremetal feature in our studio. The subject is this tidy little chopped coupe, currently under construction at Roy Brizio Street Rods for United Pacific president Major Lin (the finished car will be on display in their booth at this year’s SEMA convention in Las Vegas). We’ll explore the history of the company and the details of their Ford-licensed reproduction bodies in an upcoming issue.
    [​IMG]
    Phil Koenen's '55 Chevy
    Perhaps two of the wildest tri-five Chevys to come out of the late-’60s/early-’70s were Dan Glover’s radical ’57 (with the engine set back behind the dash) and Phil Koenen’s equally wild C-T Automotive ’55 Gasser. Both were powered by supercharged Chevys–Dan’s with an ex-dragster 327 equipped with a 6-71 blower and Hilborn injection, and Phil’s with a 427-inch big block. And both garnered features in Car Craftmagazine. Phil’s ’55 has been restored and is tucked away in the Pacific Northwest, while Dan’s ’57 is hidden away in some unknown garage. We’ll have the full story on both.
    Those of you paying attention to the traditional custom scene are probably familiar with Kevan Sledge. A member of the well-known Shifters car club, Kevan is an accomplished customizer who’s turned out several nicely appointed chopped ’39/’40 Merc customs in the last few years. His personal Matranga-style custom has been an ongoing project for over a decade, and it’s finally done, fully upholstered and wearing a beautiful metallic green finish. A full feature is in the pipeline.
    [​IMG]
    Steve Centracchio's '32 Chevy coupe
    Hot rodder Steve Centracchio is no stranger to early Fords, having turned out a number of traditional rods (including a blown flathead-powered Deuce cabriolet featured at last year’s TRJ Revival). But more recently he built this pair of ’32 Chevy hot rods for himself, and they’re GM through-and-through. Both are powered by hot inline six-cylinders and roll on GM chassis from stem to stern. We’ll tell you how this self-professed “Ford guy” wound up building two of the coolest Chevy hot rods we’ve seen.
    TRJ #64 features the first in a two-part story about the wild, nomadic life of hot rodder (and ultimate speed shop counterman), Pete LaBarbera. From the ’60s until his death just a few years ago, Pete traveled between his native Maryland and California, operating speed shops, frequenting the drags, driving old cars, and taking photos of everything he saw along the way. We’ll tell everything that’s fit for print, from his cross-country travels to the antics taking place at his various speed emporiums (like the Rod Shop in Beltsville, Maryland, where Pete is shown at center with Mike Jarvis and Sonny Navalaney leaning on Maryland hot rodder Gary Manley’s blown smallblock around 1972).
    We’ve met a lot of great people and seen many great rods and customs while hosting the Revival the last two years. Among them are the father-and-son team of Rich and Rick Spanovich and their group of custom diehards from the Pittsburgh area. Rich’s ’51 Merc is one of the most tasteful mild customs we’ve seen, with its unchopped profile, slammed stance, and subtle mods like ’51 Buick taillights, rounded corners, and muted green paint. We’ll have a full feature in a future issue.

We’ve got a lot more in store, and you won’t want to miss a single issue. Give us a call at (800) 750-9550 (U.S.) or (877) 479-2627 (Canada) or visit www.roddersjournal.comto start or renew your subscription today.

Cheers!
    Your Friends at The Rodder’s Journal
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]Find us on Facebook
    [​IMG]TRJ Website
    [​IMG]Contact Customer Service
    [​IMG]Share
    [​IMG]Tweet
    [​IMG]Forward to Friend
    Copyright © 2014 The Rodder's Journal, All rights reserved.
    You are receiving The Rodder's Journal Newsletter because you opted in when you created an account either by phone, mail or at our website, http://www.roddersjournal.com.

Our mailing address is:
    The Rodder's Journal
    263 Wattis Way
    South San Francisco, CA 94080
    Add us to your address book
    Phone: 650-246-8920 Fax: 650-246-8927

unsubscribe from this list update subscription preferences
    [​IMG]

kiwijeff and volvobrynk like this.
  2. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Could it be possible for TRJ to make a featured on this car, hire Dan as an expert and do what somebody should have done years:
    Make a clone a THE Dan Glover '57!

One of the few tri-five that stands out in a crowd!

That would hans down be the build in years for any Magazine, Ever.

3. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

And yes Mentone is still full of cars.
    Saturday morning at the old Staters parking lot
    But don't know about the cats at Wilbers,,,,

4. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

Wilbers had about 1 million cats hanging out in that place, and Oh Ya, you could smell them.

5. REALLY! You just lost your HAMB license! That's a 56 (fifty six) Chevy (wrong year), and belongs to Mike Belina.

loudbang likes this.
  6. Phil Koenens 55 was bad to the bone! I/we would love to see more pics, then & now, with complete specs.

7. ARNIE

ARNIE

8. Well hell......three hours of reading....and still no leads.

9. gc427

gc427
    from SoCal

Hard to believe that nobody knows the whereabouts of this fine 57!

10. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

11. ..............and that 'effin sucks....g'damn it. Drats.

12. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Thanksgiving bump.

13. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

I have a new project..
    NO I will not do a mid engine with this car.

IMAG0353.jpg

EVL401 likes this.
  14. A 210 hardtop! Rare car, and beautiful in black! CUT IT!!

kiwijeff likes this.
  15. Just kidding. Plans for this one?

16. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

No cutting on this car!!!!!!!

It will get (and needs) a frame off cheery out.
    Staying black for many reasons. One is ..it is the same model car I bought when I was 19 years old which was black.
    The original color of this car was black.
    It will remain stock looking except for wheels and tires.
    No gauges on the inside, just stock looking.
    The engine will be the LSA (CTS V) with the 4L85-E transmission.
    9" in the rear with a housing that looks as stock as possible.
    LSA and Trans.jpg LSA 556 HP,,,quite and smooth.

17. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

PS...NEVER CUT a 210 Hardtop!!!

18. powrshftr

powrshftr

Holy shit that car is clean as a whistle!

I'd be afraid to do anything more radical than check the oil in that little gem!:)

Nice score!:)

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Dan.

I know this thread is about the mid engined car, but what ever happened to your original 210 hardtop? I remember looking at it up close in front of Bob Ellis's house on Fifth St.

20. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

The original 210 is in Michigan and is being finished up in black with a 502 big block.
    I'm in contact with the owner

21. I dig whatever you do Dan, there is something to be said...for good knees...and non-rattled teeth.....not to mention ringing ears. No clue what aviation did, that your wild '57's didn't. Hopefully you have no ill effects from either...let alone ole' man bastard time. It's bound to be a perfect car, with you involved.....

The devil on the shoulder though.....he says black sinister, high compression 427 injected four speed. The angel on the other shoulder says 572 EFI TKO 5 speed hydraulic clutch....with mufflers.

I can't see ya' in the LS motor realm......but dipping into what you were....I get it...and understand. You are far from an old man yet......BUT....definitely deserve your choice. That's a hell of a nice car !! Thanks for sharing.

22. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Wow Dan, that is one real pretty 210 2 door hardtop.
    Love your plan for it, should be a real nice driver when done.
    Keep us updated as your project progresses.
    KK

23. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

Thanks Guys,
    The project will start about mid spring.
    Dan

24. ARNIE

ARNIE

25. I'm Bad I'm Nationwide.

I'm Bad I'm Nationwide.
    from Howell Mi

Dan I like your new car

26. ol55

ol55
    from Virginia

27. ARNIE

ARNIE