Register now to get rid of these ads!

Damn I hate Thieves!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oldmanolds, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Got to work today after a few days off for a family members death and some son of a bitch broke in to my tool box and made off with all my stuff.It will cost me $$$$ to replace.Damn thing about it,was it was in a secured area,with cameras and lost prevention people monitoring them.The worst scum bag in the world is a thief!

2. 5window

5window

Well that sucks!. What did the security camers show? Don't your employers have some kind of insurance and/or liability if they secure and area and it is violated? I'd follow up on what they can do for YOU.

3. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

They came down and took a crap load of pictures of the torn out lock.Top dog claims they will check out all the security videos.Haven't discussed any compentsation.Dave

4. MyOldBuick

MyOldBuick

That really bites. My father-in-law has an appliance business and someone stole a 20 foot trailer from behind his shop over the weekend. (Naturally the newer one of the 2.) Left him in a bind as he has to use one to pick up appliances and one to junk with. Is it just me or are things really getting that bad? The other day New Orleans had to bring in National Guard because of shootings -- crime rate thru the roof and the city isn't even 1/4 the population it was???? Yikes.

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

what's the value? did you call the cops? fuck being nice go after whoever stole you shit, get the cops looking at the tapes....

6. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

They don't bring in the cops,they try to handle it from the inside.I have to come up with some kind of inventory for re-imbursement.I just hope the catch the sumbitch (s).Dave

7. Big-Olaf

Big-Olaf
    BANNED

If your tools were taken from inside the job, in a "secure"area, then your employer is 100% responsible for them..... Don't let them weasle their way out of paying for them.... Same thing happened to me when I worked for Montgomery Wards... Almost $10,000 in tools just came up missing.... Got almost all of it taken care of by them(after a little arguing and a few threats to call the corporate office....) I would not dismiss the fact that the Loss prevention guys might have had something to do with it..... Find all the reciepts you can... borrow some from other people if you have to.....If they try to cheap out, call the cops yourself....

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I'd be very wary of that. If you tool inventory is anything like mine it would be $20k and a big deal. The fucker needs to be arrested and thrown in jail. If he already sold your tools how are you going to get reimbursed? Is the company saying they are responsible? Look out dude you are about to get screwed....

9. Call the cops, file a formal report with them and if that doesn't move everyone's ass then take the company to court for refusing to help at all. I'm sure your lawyer wouldn't have a problem at all working that up.

10. RadirWheelsGuy

RadirWheelsGuy

the cops wont do jack shit. Hell, My caprice was stolen like 5 years ago now, never found.... vigilante justice man... its the only way anymore i think.

The FIRST time it was stolen a month prior to the 2nd time the cops gave ME the hard time about the car being dumped on a dirt road with the wheels stolen.

11. SnoDawg

SnoDawg

Remember now everything stolen was Snap On..

Dawg

12. With all respect, I disagree with this, once "an embellish" starts it can catch ya bad in the end. One never knows the security cameras may actually be used to check your claim of inventory.. Keep the inventory actual..

13. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Inventory is being done.Hell I wish they were all Snap On.I had a mix of 34 years worth of stuff, but they only they took all the crap they could pawn quickly. Company claims to have something on a security camera but won't tell me what they've got.I'd like to have the sumbitch for about 30 seconds.I'm no badass but I sure could ram a IR impact up their ass.Dave

14. Rrumbler

Rrumbler

Whitestang, put a four inch pipe reamer on that impact before you do the ramming; that'll teach 'em a thing or two. :eek: :eek: Man, that sucks, and if your employer is anything like mine was, they'll try to weasel out of as much responsibility as they can get away with. I'm sorry this happened to you.

15. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Call the cops before you are screwed...

16. That's what I say!

Man I can tell you right now how this is going to play out and I hope I'm wrong. They're going to take the least amount of action possible and you won't get SHIT back and something will probably be wrong with the cameras at that time. Bullshit after bullshit after bullshit. Call the cops before you get fucked.

17. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

first think I like to say ... Sorry to here about the loss of your family member. That really suck when someone has to stoop that low he is a real skum~bag. I hope you catch the S.O.B.,..............

18. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

19. tysond

tysond

To repeat what every one else is saying, call the cops. If only to get it on record incase they do try to screw you over. I can only imaging how much your tools would be worth after 34 years. Im only a second year apprentice tool maker and my tools are already getting into the $1000's.

20. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man that sucks, I agree call the cops. Yeah they may give you a hard time but the law has to be on your side!
    I went through something a little like this while in the Army. The base I was on has the highest security (Supposed) of any base in Oz. One had to report to the guard house to enter the base, then to get into my area you need a rather high security clearance and pass a security check and search. The thief(s) took around 10 grand of tools and chest from a locked room, in a secured classified building back out through three security checks. Now how the fuck did they do that?? Funny enough the defence force coughed up the money to replace them.
    Doc.

21. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

Sounds like an inside job....Someone knew you would be out for a certain period of time...Call the cops

22. The Anarkist

The Anarkist
    from Canada

Sad how the world is. I was saying to my wife the other day that it's too bad we have to always lock EVERYTHING up! Or some lowlife walks off with it.

I can't leave ANYTHING in my truck at work if I'm off at all because something is always stolen. Okay small stuff like workgloves but still!!!!

Last time they stole a pair of reading glasses for F's sake!!

No matter where I've worked it seems someone has stolen my property.

I hope you get whoever did this and my condolences over your familial loss.

23. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

Yeah what a coincidence , just happened while you were out a few days ,hmmm.... . We have thieves real bad at my work , over the weekend they rummage through the trucks and take what they want all behind chainlink fences. The problem is the same people always are coming up here and working on things over the weekend , too many people with keys. The boss knows who is stealing here but they are afraid to confront anyone.I lock my truck up and take my extra keys along with my good stuff now , which is a pain sometimes. Sorry your tools got stolen , catch the sucker.

24. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Neighbor down the street walked up lastnight asked me if I saw anybody with a kids little pedal tractor. I go WTF? He goes into it yes someone stole his 6 year old sons wore out little pedal tractor and we dont think it was kids they think some SOB actually pulled up in a van or truck and went to the house and loaded it up in broad daylight. Its not worth $10 but someone took the time and stole it.

Sorry about your tools, I would like to lay a bat upside one of these sob's head!

25. OldsGuy

OldsGuy

Turn the other cheek;

Schedule a few days off, bring in a nice new tool box the day before you leave, and then go. Oh BTW make sure that copperhead snake in the box is hungry and mad!!!!!!!!!!

26. Primer Gray

Primer Gray

I hear that. The first time my Cutlass was stolen, I kept calling the cops to see if they'd found it, they kept telling me it was probably in Mexico. I got the idea to call the auto pound...they'd picked it up about 4 hours after it was stolen...the cops had the car the whole time and couldn't tell me they'd found it...later I found that the pound got it because someone reported the ditched car to the cops! Grr... So then I had to pay $120 bucks to get the newly ragged out beast back...and hotwire it to leave the pound. At least I still tires and wheels on it, although they stole all my tools out of it and other personal shit.

Still, it's good to get a police report for an official paper trail. Something to wave in front of the company when they try to lowball you on any reimbursement.

27. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

i'd make a police report out. who do you work for? i know a few cops in indy. that really sucks!

28. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Its theft plain and simple and thats AGAINST THE LAW!! call the fuzz.do not let the place you had your tools at do thier own bullshit investigation.you'll get two things from that and thats Jack & SHIT!!

29. RacerRick

RacerRick

Thats sucks. The track box I keep in my truck has 3g's worth of tools in it, so I would hate to figure out what 34 years worth of tools would be worth.

You have to call the cops. Otherwise the crime never happened. As soon as you get an occurance number, I would call the head office and let them know. You would not believe how quickly things can get rolling when some VP of loss prevention gets wind of internal theft of this degree!