Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Daily drivers...the good, bad and the ugly.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nailhead Brooklyn, Oct 22, 2015.

1. nightmoves

nightmoves

The Stones River AA swap meet is the better one.More "swap meet" stuff. It opens as I get off from work. There's always some sort of football game on later that day.

2. Looking good haven't seen this thread in a while. Had to post when i seen Hank and the Reverend mentioned. Me and one of my bro's have been kicking ass on his 324 rocket for his 54 olds. And all we listen to is Mojo Nixon on Pandora. Its a psychobilly freakout:D:D

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    Nailhead Brooklyn and Arabie777 like this.
  3. The snow has to be just about gone for you. Any more progress on the Buick?

4. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

No sir, she's not getting touched until my roommate finishes up his project. Plus I needed a break. Once the dust settles in the next month or so, I'll be getting back in the shop to build the door panels, until then I'll be collecting parts...

5. Black Clover Custom

Black Clover Custom

Yup I got those...

6. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Oh do tell?!

7. The winter of last year I spent the cold months hunting down parts, found a lot too. Like some huge jig saw puzzle... gotta get the edge pieces first.

Nailhead Brooklyn likes this.
  8. Black Clover Custom

Black Clover Custom

So I have a parts car 55 buick 4dr that has a TON of good parts. I want to sell everything i dont need for my 54.
    Things it looks like you need that i have are;
    Radiator shroud
    Radiator
    But i Have really good backup light lenses and housings, nos horns, rebuilt original master cylinder, needs rebuild power brake unit, and on and on so i will look to see what i have.
    Let me know if you still need stuff.
    The inside door panels chrome trim on this car was great and the floor and body have no rust.
    Roof and rear doors are gone but i will cut any piece off!
    Need anything?
    Look on eugene OR craigslist 55 buick

9. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

My buick is 90% complete at this point. Only thing I need are the parking lights bezels, but I've been told I can grab them off an old Chevy truck. Other than that just new windshield and side glass...

10. Black Clover Custom

Black Clover Custom

well if you want to try these that i have... i can send them to you. If they fit maybe just send me $20 bucks? I dont need them. Hopefully they sell at the Portland Swap Meet. Let me know... Good luck on your 56.

11. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Just ran onto this thread, the car looks great. Sorry to hear about your mother, keep your chin up, and get the Buick finishd

12. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Yeap, if you still have em, I'll take them...

13. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Thank you, it's been a rough time for me. I am bringing the beast to a local hot rod shop here tomorrow, see what they can finish up so I can get her on the road. In the middle of a move and a possible job change as well. When it rains it pours...

14. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

"Thank you, it's been a rough time for me. I am bringing the beast to a local hot rod shop here tomorrow, see what they can finish up so I can get her on the road. In the middle of a move and a possible job change as well. When it rains it pours..."

NB;
    Maybe not.
    Sounds to me like you're moving forward on the Buick - that's positive.
    Same deal on the move & job change. All for good, right? Gets you to feeling (& being) better than you do now, right?
    "When it rains it pours": While everything eats time/resources/energy, sometimes the old needs to removed before the new can come into your life. Again, good.
    (& if you think that I don't know this tune verse by verse, syllable by syllable, & note by note, - well, :D ).
    You'll do well. Smile (at least for yourself!).
    Condolences for your mother.
    Marcus...

Arabie777 likes this.
  15. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Thank you. And your words are very wise. I am a true believer that change that is forced upon you and not by choice is change that is needed, it helps you grow and it's the universes way of putting you exactly where you need to be...I'm in a good place and looking ahead to what the future holds...I'll keep you guys in the loop with the Buick. Hoping it won't cost me an arm, leg and a liver but if I have my way, she'll be on the road and driven daily in no time!

- NB

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  16. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

I have found that my love of old cars is a therapy, hope that works for you as well

17. Black Clover Custom

Black Clover Custom

Ok cool. Let me know where to send them and if they dont work out... send them back!

18. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Sent the ole lady to a local shop here in Nashville, gonna replace the glass, windshield, redo the exhaust (throwing in some Flowmasters), and getting her mechanically sound...yay I'm excited! ♤ 20160319_082902.jpg 20160319_082850.jpg

19. That bad ass....

20. nightmoves

nightmoves

Glad you're moving forward on your ride.It's gonna be a Hell of a cruiser.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

21. Not my daily, but it's my buddy's, and tonight I was about to run the kid down to the duck pond, when he showed up.
    The kid loves my buddy, and wanted to go in his car, so we had to do what her ladyship ordered.
    Pics, sorry, didn't take any of the ducks, they ate our old bread and gapped it.
    Ungrateful buggers. IMG_20160320_190728.jpg IMG_20160320_185807.jpg IMG_20160320_190508.jpg

22. This is what Hot Rods are all about! At least for me. Ice cream, the playground, and even the ducks are more FUN in a OLD CAR! Love IT Ron...

23. Forgot to tell you, that you have a cute little HOT RODDER There! She needs a go kart to chase those ducks! My grandson loves doing that at our pond. ha. ha. Ron...

24. I've always built carts for her Ron, but I get worn out pushing them. Guess I should put an engine in her current one. Lol.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  25. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

This is my bro's daily driver,'65 Ford Galaxie.Its bought in here at 1965 and it has been a taxi.I've heard that the first owner used it as a taxi in early 90's.There's still the taxi meter,vhf radio in the car and the "available" sign on the dashboard.The driver flipped the sign against the windshield,when he was available for the next ride.It has 240 cid,three on tree,no power steering or power brakes.I guess only fancy thing it has is a larger heater core,so the cold is not an issue on wintertimes.Nothing fancy,but it works like a clock.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kiwijeff and Nailhead Brooklyn like this.
  26. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Keep up the good work on the Buick, you can be proud of what you have done, and will be more proud of her when she is done

27. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

A word of advice on your build, don't let anyone talk you out of doing it your way

Arabie777 and nightmoves like this.
  28. Nailhead Brooklyn

Nailhead Brooklyn

Just a lil update, she's in the shop and I've contracted them to do the work, so far we're replacing the windshield, taking out the back glass and putting in new weatherstripping. Adding my new exhaust, adding a dual master cylinder, and a bunch of other crap that I can't remember...should be on the road for the Nashville Boogie in May! **happy**

29. HELL YEA!!!!...

30. Had a mobile glass installer do my 'shield last May.. rainy as hell too. I was helping him and he was meticulous about not getting mixed up in the black adhesive.

On some of the Fords, the bottom trim piece goes in with the gasket... well... the trim popped out a bit and the decision was to pull out a 90% installed windshield... black sticky adhesive all over us and everything else. Comes off with WD40, whew!