Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Dadgum Rant......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3wLarry, Jun 26, 2016.

1. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Well said Bob

3wLarry likes this.
  2. I gotta admit that these old homely jailbar Ford trucks are really starting to grow on me. HRP

[​IMG]

3. I'll second that! HRP

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

That was the idea LARRY!!! Take care, get this thing you are fighting licked!

Gentlemen, that is how I spent my one day vacation! The first I have taken in two years, I might add. On the way home, I took an old route, Highway 60 into Wickenberg, AZ. By passed by the semi-completion of I-10 in 1976, it's a portrait of a once thriving stretch of road in the American west, where time simply stopped one afternoon. This was the one good shot from that stretch of the ride. DSC07600.JPG

...And, what awaited me as I passed through to home... DSC07607.JPG

The last shot as I jumped out of the truck I was riding in, and climbed slowly into my beloved 'Bucket of Ugly, and started the hardest part of the journey, the five mile sprint home in an open car in that temp! Craziness! Glad from here to there I DIDN'T drive my roadster over and back as I had contemplated Thursday evening...

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Mine was well on it's way to bein' bitchin, when life and the need to pay some bills came my way... IMG_0774.JPG IMG_0776.JPG IMG_0776.JPG

6. flynstone

flynstone

I believe the green car is the one that was raffled of at ventura last year.....................

volvobrynk and 3wLarry like this.
  7. Thanks for posting.
    X2
    I feel the same emotions in Don Garlits' museum as well.:cool:

8. Here are a few random shots: Interesting Model B powered speedster: IMG_0050.jpg 1937 Ford Phaeton, first one I have ever seen: IMG_0115.jpg IMG_0116.jpg I am sure I could find room in my garage for this roadster, I wish I could find room in my bank account: IMG_0123.jpg IMG_0125.jpg IMG_0126.jpg I sure like the center bar in this '32 grill: IMG_0150.jpg

Charlie Stephens

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  9. Two different things there Bob. As for Facebook, believe it or not , there is more to life than what is talked about here. Many people like to connect with other friends lives and I have found old friends that I haven't seen in 50 years + and we have rekindled old friendships - I like that aspect of it. On top of that, the entire Hot Rodding world in Not on the HAMB, I know, hard to believe, not to mention some of us like More than just one type of automotive style that isn't appropriate here. A lot of us also have friends that like and are interested in our cars and events and would like to see what goes on, but they aren't "Car Guys" so they have no use for the HAMB.
    Now as for why some people say go to Facebook to see my photos, well, read the last sentence again.

Anyway, that's my take on it ~ you don't have to agree, doesn't matter. But there is no reason they need to be mutaully exclusive.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Don, The FB deal just sounds like a mass fight among "friends" you say something negative about "friend #1" and "friend #2" reads it and posts it to all 7 gazillon of his "friends" and "friend #1" is no longer in any mood to chat with you. I'm sure there are stacks of photos that can't be unseen either. Bob

slack and 3wLarry like this.
  11. cb186

cb186

If you guys are so traditional, why dont you mail each other duplicates of your film photos instead of digital photos on the internet?

bct, clunker, Bigbangtheory and 6 others like this.
  12. If they are your real friends, not a problem, as most will act just like they do in face to face real life. If it's a bunch of acquaintances you don't really know that can happen (Like it does on here a lot) and then you just delete those folks and they aren't friends anymore Not trying to sell you on it, but it can be a cool tool if you know how to use it.

i.rant, 3wLarry and need louvers ? like this.
  13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Not unless that is what you make of it. I personally don't keep friends around that I argue with, so they don't stay around on my facebook feed either. The couple of friends that I have over there that I don't share the same politics with, I ignore their political posts, they ignore mine. We all meet in the middle with cars though. Hotroddon and I are on two or three boards on face book about completely different types of cars than discussed here. The stuff I see everyday is what my immediate group of friends is up too, not what some random teenage girl in Indiana is up too, like people seem to think. On a local level, it really has pulled the scene together, 'cause it's so much easier to say "Hey I need a hand lifting a body at 6pm, and I'll have beer", than it is to call 12 people and hope 5 show up.

pat59, kidcampbell71 and 3wLarry like this.
  14. thunderplex

thunderplex

Amen brother... X2

Sent from my SM-N910V using H.A.M.B. mobile app

need louvers ? likes this.
  15. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

16. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

17. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

thanksabunch guys for all the pics :)... more, purdy please

18. slammed

slammed

And that would mean the same for this forum. News letters...................by slow mail......yeah, that would be rad/trad....

C. John Stutzer and 3wLarry like this.
  19. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Nice going Larry! Now we all have seen some cool coverage! If lookin at COOL RIDES makes ya feel better I'm glad for ya! Keep kickin and get back to being 3wLarry! Oh right ya never stopped! Joe

lothiandon1940 and 3wLarry like this.
  20. The37Kid

The37Kid

Can you replace the jail bar frontend with a 1940 front end without the aid of an English wheel and weeks of fab work? Bob upload_2016-6-26_21-10-37.png

3wLarry likes this.
  21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Larry thanks for stirring up the pot and getting Chip and the others to post the photos. Thanks to those of you who took time to take and post the photos for all of us to enjoy.
    It's a bit odd but in most other LA Roadsters Fathers Day show photos I have seen on the net all I see are swap meet photos and very few of the roadsters in the show. As it's still a bucket list event for me that maybe next year or the year after I make a trip south I really enjoy the photos.
    As far as posting photos of cars at events I'd say some of the others are like me and haven't hit a lot of events to take photos. The local shows are full of late models for the most part or the older rigs are billet laden street rods. What decent traditional rides show up I've already showed photos of before for the most part.
    As far as FB I spend too much time there but have connected with members of my extended family on both sides and am active on a couple of hot rod and truck groups. Yep there is plenty of bs passed around but what the hell, you just skip that and go on. You don't have to be friends with everyone just because they post a friends request either.

As for posting photos of events I don't know about others but I haven't hit many events lately and damned fe

3wLarry likes this.
  22. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

3wLarry likes this.
  23. pumpman

pumpman

Larry, thanks again for teaching me somethin, I thought FB stood for Fuck Butt and I was afraid to sign up. Stay Strong Brother. Still glad I didn't!

3wLarry likes this.
  24. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

3wLarry likes this.
  25. This is a strange thread, I like it.

26. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Is the same 3wLarry who told the nurse in the hospital to make sure I didn't take a picture of Larry in his hospital gown? Sheez, first you don't want pictures, then you do want pictures! Make up your mind! And I'm still coming over for coneys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using H.A.M.B. mobile app

kiwijeff, need louvers ? and 3wLarry like this.
  27. slammed

slammed

The last make over for this place the 'like' feature was added. Just like FB. Over there you may 'un-follow' a friend & not see the daily/hourly/whate ever postings. Here the 'ignore' feature blocks ALL posts of the ignored member. And the last 2 years the list has grown tremendously.......+1.

3wLarry likes this.
  28. slack

slack

My teenage son had 3 of his buddies over, so 4 teenagers in a room and not a peep. Back in my time that would've had the negative connotation that some type of skulduggery was afoot. I slipped up and swung the door open to find all four of em with their face in a monitor or phone. Creeped me right the hell out.:confused: They are all really good kids though. Times, they are a changin.o_O

kiwijeff and 3wLarry like this.
  29. akoutlaw

akoutlaw

Larry, I love you the way you are! Don't change! Your rants make my day. ;) To those of you who posted pics, Thank you!! I havn't been to LARS for about 10 years. I gotta get back there again. Bill

need louvers ? and 3wLarry like this.