Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Dad was right--60 Fords ARE ugly....so I set mine on FIRE!!!! (update on my junk)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by earl schieb, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Y'all might remember that thread I started about my Fairlane I traded for a while back ("my Dad says 60 Fords are so ugly they only made em one year")....well, this is sort of an update...:eek:
    I got the hood scoop done and painted, and loaded it up to go to Pigeon Forge last weekend with the hopes of finding a new owner :) after all, I've got 14 OTHER cars that need finished....I'm not a driver, per se---more of a builder----anyway, after two days sitting at the BP station, all I had was a sunburn and a hangover :eek: Not the first offer, trade OR cash, so I loaded up my car and my pride and headed home :(
    [​IMG]
    Here she is, ready to go. Hood fixed and cheater pipes removed, wires all shined and spiffyed up!

2. By Wednesday, I figured what the hell---I've got tape. I've got paint. Why not change it up?

3. [​IMG]

dang photobucket/IE

4. joel torres

joel torres

5. odins701

odins701

6. Nice work! Car looks great...

Joel

7. Sorry for the multiple posts(IE vs PB vs firefox:rolleyes:)...but you get the idea....ANYWAY.....
    The roof was already flaked, so I had a good base to start with---nothing to lose, cause it's UGLY..........
    Man, it flat POPS out in the sun! :D

Thanks to notsojollyRoger for comiing down last night and helping me tape.:cool:

See y'all at the Redneck Rumble tomorrow!

8. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

looks great! i love that car!

9. My camera's a dinosaur, so that's all you get :eek::D

10. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

Since no one made you an offer you should just crush it.

11. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Beauty must truely be in the eye of the beholder.......I personally like the 60 models. Yours is looking great.

12. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I'm normally pretty OCD (ok.....REALLY OCD!!!), but I love the fact that the flames are not symmetrical. Nice work. I dig it.

13. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Nice flames Earl.....Maybe you can sell it at the Redneck Rumble....

14. VonXulu

VonXulu
    from Ventura Ca

Well I guerss there's no accounting for taste, 'cause I love them cars! I think she's purdy.....

15. 61TBird

61TBird

Still Ugly...I'm coming by this weekend to take it off your hands before the neighbors band together and come after you with pitchforks and torches:D:D

The Tbird scoop looks like it belongs on it!
    Great Job!!

16. brandon

brandon

flames look bitchin...changes the look of the car. now , swap those www for some thin whites....and make those wires bling.:D

17. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

There are alot of cars on the market right now so don't take it personally. Takes longer to sell them. Nice car.

18. 60's are cool and the new finish on the lid really pops dude! i'n sure the pic's don't do it justice. povertyflats is correct lots of stuff for sale and i'm glad all ny dough i tied up in real estate this week because i would be going nuts buying stuff. i get calls from people that their 401k's tanked and to recover are selling off their toys for way less that they imagined. look at all the collector auctions combined with estates being sold off containing years of collecting vehicles and parts.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  19. sho1off

sho1off
    from Buffalo MN

heres mine has flames and a flag

Attached Files:

20. Damn good looking 60, no shame here!!!

21. sololobo

sololobo

"T" is for Texas, my ass!! Everyone knows its for Tennesse!! Looks great MIke. Big Atta Boy! And for you Texas folks, when you post I will say "T" is for Texas, yep, which ever way the wind blows. Mr. Fickle!! ~Sololobo~

22. 62rebel

62rebel

yeah, fuck it, crush it. nobody likes 'em. especially your Dad. he still driving a Rabbit Diesel?

23. CGkidd

CGkidd

Love the car.

24. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I'm the same way... OCD... and I like the different flames too.

I just figured Mike started drinking while taping one side and then had 4 beers under his belt and said "screw it! Im never gonna get em to match..." :D

Looks great, Mike!

25. Senica

Senica

SWEET ride!
    I'd drive that!:D

26. fireball350

fireball350

I like it...

27. fanspete

fanspete

'60s kick ass and yours kicks alot of it.

28. skidsteer

skidsteer

Reminds me of when I took my daughter to a car show when she was only 5. After we came home, she said: "Dad, we should paint fire on our truck!" - Priceless!