Register now to get rid of these ads!

D&P Classic Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cragar, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Cragar

Cragar

Have any of you guys delt with D&P Classic Chevy ? I would like to order somthing from them and being in AUS I have not heard of them till now

2. ed_v

ed_v
    from Kentucky

I've never ordered from them but I know they are one of the big guys when it comes to classic '50's Chevy's. I've never heard anything bad about them. They seem to have a good reputation as far as I know.

Ed

3. I've spent some tri five money with them, but they're not cheap.
    Best is www.56chevy.com

4. A friend took his 55 210 to them for some work. It had a 605 power steering and McGauhy's control arms. The problem was the steering would not "self center" or "return to center" after a turn. The alignment, especially caster had been checked, and re checked.
    He took it to them and described the problem. They said they could fix it. They called him and said the Steering box was junk and that the McGaughy arms were no good, a bad design, and should be replaced with Heidt's. Trusting them he said OK do it. Well over $1,000.00 later and all these new parts - it drive EXACTLY the same. They said that was not their problem, all they did was install parts! On top of that they said they threw away the other parts.
    Needless to say he never dealt with them again.
    Not making a judgment, just relaying a true story.

As a post script; He mentioned in passing the issue to a guy at Danchuck who made a suggeston and the problem was solved with no parts involved!

5. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

visited their shop on one of my trips to Calif. not very friendly but their shop looked like they were doing one hell of a business

6. i can't add to much but i went there for a job many years ago (they were in huntington beach) and i did notice they weren't friendly to the customers that came in.

7. They're at a lot of shows here locally and put out a nice product but don't try to talk with them. Read "A-holes"

8. John Denich

John Denich

yup same experience from me!!!!