Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Cycle fender redux - mounting brackets

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by deuce666, Apr 20, 2014.

1. deuce666

deuce666
    from Oregon

Sharing this approach as it might be useful to fellow Hambers. You guys and gals have been very helpful, so here's a bit of a contribution to the joy and art of hot rods.

I wanted traditional cycle fenders on my '32 but didn't like the flat stock brackets. I decided to make a small bracket that fits between the spindle and backing plates & Bendix brake combo for '37-48 Fords from Speedway. I used 1/8" plate stock with hardware that allows mounting 3/8" steel rods for the mounting rods.

The brackets are done, more to come when I finish the fenders.

Attached Files:

Okie Pete, Tim, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  2. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Nice design. Will keep it in mind when I put the cycle fenders on the front of my 33 5 window.

Stogy likes this.
  3. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know it's an old post. Any update?

Stogy likes this.
  4. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Looks nice what you did!!! :cool:
    The only cycle type frenders I did my self,was back at the end of 1959 for my 28A.
    But I ran,and still do,1948 drum brake. That let me just drill the brake backing plates n run 4 bolts 2inch long through from the inside/then lockW n nut. That way the 5/8inch tube brackets on my frenders{cut spair wheel covers} held by wingnuts< so I could remove or replace frenders when I wanted to. ;) I really didn't like having the frenders,but at the time"Law said I had too." By 1964,the cops in Miami were no longer giving tickets for no frenders,so I juunked them.