Register now to get rid of these ads!

History CW's Bonneville Pics the WAYNE KOEPPE Collection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CW's40TPU, Apr 21, 2013.

1. the Chrisman Coupe, this was in '54, that year a big lightening storm came thru, the lightening came done onto the salt like someone was throwing glass rods, it hit the salt and shattered like glass, SCTA told everyone to get in their cars and get off the salt.......we stayed to watch the show.

Attached Files:

Pufff likes this.
  2. more of # 176......

Attached Files:

Pufff likes this.
  3. more.........

Attached Files:

Pufff likes this.
  4. early photos of the Burke LaSage or maybe Belmont Sanchez Stude.......

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
    Pufff likes this.
  5. 55 T- Bird......
    anyone out there have some history on this Bird?

Attached Files:

Pufff likes this.
  6. more coupes......

Attached Files:

Pufff likes this.
  7. And more.......

Attached Files:

Pufff likes this.
  8. My ol' Buddy Gene Thurman's "T" Coupe, it was about 3' tall !

Attached Files:

Pufff likes this.
  9. brady1929

brady1929

cool pics, thanks

10. 296ardun

296ardun

Think that the top one with San Diego Roadster club is Fred Lobello, anyone else know for sure?

11. [​IMG]
    Duane Steele's T roadster. Track nose is a sprint car tail. Engine was the Bob Giovanine '25 4 engine that powered the Spurgin/Giovanine roadster 1947-49. Bob sold the engine in 1952 to Duane. Now to those Ram tubes, They were Duke Hallock's idea that fed Duke's own fuel injection setup. in 1949 the team of Spurgin/Giovanine ran 135mph I can't remember if the engine blew that run or the return. The roadster at some point of the run was said to be doing in excess of 150mph.

[​IMG]

The 1925 Chev roadster was bought by another Albata member Carl Borgh in 1954 for $600.

Pufff likes this.
  12. I'll be back, I need to feed my face.
    Got a few Sporty Cars and some Drag stuff coming next......
    stay tuned...............cw.

Attached Files:

Pufff likes this.
  13. 296ardun

296ardun

Would love to know more about the '34 sedan, saw it in '59 at Bonneville, sort of metallic bittersweet orange...then it went drag racing, got wire wheels on the front...made HRM, sometime in early '60...I next saw it at Fontana, the crew pushed it down the fire-up road, apparently the throttle stuck, and it went into a phone pole at full throttle, think it was pretty much destroyed, didn't want to look -- never found out who owned it -- it had "Bear Customs, Inglewood" in small letters above the rear window...anyone know more about it??

14. 296ardun

296ardun

I think that this might be Knot Farrington's first version of the T-Bird that he later radically streamlined...he was from Lousiana...think he ran a blown Chrysler...again, anyone else know for sure?

15. docmike

docmike

Man I love these old B'ville pictures. I'm always in awe with the creativity of these guys chasing speed records. Thanks for posting them.

Doc

16. The 230 AS 55 T-Bird belonged to Knot Farrington who hailed from New Orleans. The car would later be streamlined and powered by a 430 cubic inch Chrysler with a fuel injected,6-71 Supercharger would run 219 mph at the 61 Bonneville speed week braking his own record of 217 at the same meet.

Attached Files:

Pufff likes this.
  17. wow - thanks for posting all this god stuff....and good morning to ya - JimmieB....

18. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Great images!! Thanks for posting:D

19. Beachcomber

Beachcomber
    from Phoenix,AZ

epic! Thank You

20. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

Awsome stuff thanks

21. SoCal Coupe with blown flat motor......

Attached Files:

Pufff likes this.
  22. Hyfire

Hyfire

Thanks for posting... What an amazing collection. Got some of everything, can't wait to see more.

23. Thanks everyone for your input, I'm going on memory and it's been a very long time ago!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
    Pufff likes this.
  24. another Stude.......

Attached Files:

Pufff likes this.
  25. Sports Cars......

Attached Files:

Pufff likes this.
  26. I think this little coupe ran a Hemi with a speed of 217mph, it was painted powder blue.

Attached Files:

Pufff likes this.
  27. one more.......no ID here.

Attached Files:

Pufff likes this.
  28. Well, here some more photos of the Knot Farrington Bird. He finally got it up to 242 mph which is cooking in anybody's book

Attached Files:

Pufff likes this.
  29. Ryan did a feature on the Guy Mabee Special in 2007. Ran '53 got into the 200mph club [​IMG]

30. DRAG RACING....I think this is Great Bend Kansas, the frist NHRA Meet. I'm not sure of the year.....maybe 54?. Art Chrisman, Ed Losinski from here in Downey & Art Arfon. Ed Losinski would later drive Harry Duncan's Streamliner the X City of Burbank Liner, Ed flipped the Liner at speed on the salt, the car was destroyed but he lived to talk about, that ended his racing career.

Attached Files:

Pufff likes this.