Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cut my finger off today!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5wbomber, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

I'll give you the same advice I got when I did mine. Someone told me it was best to "soak it in cider" I remember the first time i slept after I got the bandage off and adjusted my pillow and hit the wall with it. Man that hurt!!

2. 9fingerdoug

9fingerdoug
    from VA

:eek: welcome 2 the club
    lost my R index 2 a multi arbor drill press
    every1 took the rest of the day off
    a buddy in the finish rm did the clean up

keep it elevated even when sleeping; helps a lot
    within a yr i was playing guitar again
    your middle finger can do more than ever dreamed:p

3. Al Napier

Al Napier
    from Central CT

Holy Geebus!!! Hope your surgery goes well and you recover quickly.

Best wishes.

Al in CT

4. bumpybigblok

bumpybigblok
    from Midwest

Here's a pic. of my thumb 9 mo. after I dropped a 56 Chevy on it and whacked 3/4 of an inch of the end.The nail was gone, but I stuck the end back on and wrapped it with a clean shop rag and hauled ass for the ER. They stitched it on and it took. It's numb on the end and
    gets cold easy but at least I can zip my fly and button my shirt and still hold a wrench. Sorry to hear about your accident. Take it easy for awhile and keep it clean. slisk's 56 012 (Medium).jpg

chip two 128 (Medium).jpg

5. Leaky Pipes

Leaky Pipes

You should send me those pain killers they gave you so I can check them to see if they are the right ones.

6. Robert gilbert

Robert gilbert
    from boston

Sorry to here that , Hope you feel better soon . I hate when that happens

7. atch

atch

so i quit reading after reply #48. but here's somr free advice:

before bedtime tonight make some kind of a sling that you can put your wrist into and move your bed close to something you can hook the sling onto. you'll sleep on your back with that arm up in the air for a while. it's been 36 years since i cut half of my middle finger off but i'm pretty sure i slept that way for 2-3 months before the throbbing went away enough that i could sleep "normally".

of course that was after i got home from the 3 days i spent in the hospital. the morphine shots in the hospital allowed me to sleep any way i wanted.

b-t-w; sorry that you hurt yourself.

8. cruzr

cruzr

5w..........sorry to hear, you can show me the damage when we meet up at Santa Maria................

9. fix

fix

I broke my index finger and chipped my knuckle on Friday, but you win. Now I just feel like a pussy.

Sorry to hear about the finger. I hope it heals real fast. I hope it hurts less than mine.

10. Not cool.
    You should set it into a clear resin shift knob for yourself, maybe throw some flake in the resin for a bit of pazzaz.

11. ROCKET303

ROCKET303

~ Very Sorry, accidents happen so fast, as terrible as it is, I guess it could have been worse. It could have been your Thumb....
    Take Care and Best Wishes...
    You know you turn this around and come out a Hero. You could tell you're neighbors you were protecting a Kindergarten field trip group from a savage Pitbull attack! .......... Of course I'm kidding ..Ah, hell I'm a jackass. Take Care and God Bless You.

12. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

That would make me think of ending it. Or worse buy a chev. No just ending it.

13. mushmouth

mushmouth
    from Minnesota

I went to two different tech. schools and it happened once to one particular kid in both schools. One was for welding and the other was for auto body. In welding class a kid went to shear some metal and another kid snuck in at the last second to shear some metal, when he put the steel on the table real quick the gaurd was to high and also slid his finger in as well and the hydrolic fingers that hold the metal crushed the tip of his finger flat. At the auto body school a different kid was using the stomp shear and The planchet (I think thats the name for the part) came down on his finger and smashed his finger flatter than a pancake too.

14. Hasn't slowed down ol' Billy Joe much...

[​IMG]

Silent Rick, I've been spending way too much time on the HAMB since there were less than 500 members... I think that's the first masturbation reference I've seen. :D

Good luck and speedy recovery.

15. That's a bummer Jordan!!! You better take some "industrial strength" pain killers before you go to bed. I almost lost two fingers when I got too close to a fan. Cut them both all the way through and was hanging by some skin. They fused the bone and sewed all the parts back together. FUCKIN LUCKY!!!!
    Sorry to hear it...i'll see you in Santa Maria,and give you a high 4 3/4 LOL!!!!!!!

16. 53burb

53burb

Bob. Your timing is dead on. 4 3/4....classic! KNUX!

17. Jordan...who's gonna pick your nose for you? Hope you have a real understanding girlfriend,LOL!!!!!

18. HFKND1

HFKND1
    from Peoria, IL

Yep that sucks....Karma's a bitch

"ratrod"
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    "NastalgicDrop" speed shop and traditional hotrods
    -Full builds
    -chassis
    -dropped axles
    -chops
    -channeling
    jordan graham (805)350-0433
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=159022
    <!-- / sig -->

19. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

Figures you'd be the one who asks for the dope!!

20. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

Feel better Jordan!!

21. evl50

evl50
    from pa

well i know where your coming from. i wacked my right index at the top knuckle on a motorcycle chain and sprocket last may. they told me the same thing it was useless to put it back on there, was no saving it. sent me home on friday and went for surgery on monday. took the knuckle out and and cut the bone back to get the skin around the end. any way, my advise you will have to go for therapy cause you will lose so much hand strenth it helps! also the sensativity is intense, still hasnt gone away,the phantom pain takes a couple of months to go away but even a year later my "finger nail" still get itchy. thay make a finger cover with a gel like coating inside and let me tell you it will be your best friend cause it cuts out the sensativity so you can work on stuff,they sell them at medical supply stores. good luck hope surgery goes safe for ya.

22. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

Sorry to hear about your miss-fortune. Here's to a speedy recovery.

23. rodknocker

rodknocker

Little late to be reading the operaters manual on the shear don't you think?:D
    Sorry to hear it,hope you heal up nice.

24. Thats rough man! hope for a speedy recovery for you. glad it was not any worse!:D

25. SHITTY news fo sho. But, the good news is, you still have an abundance of talent in your remaining 9 digits. Sorry to hear about your misfortune. But, you seem to be taking it well?

26. Man you will have a lot of pain but someday you will laugh about it. 20 years ago i broke and mangled my left pinkie when working on a disk dreaker. I just gritted my teeth and bit off the hanging flesh then got some cotton from the truck seat and packed it and wrapped with black electrical tape. and went right back to work. That evening when we got home my 9 year old son said to my wife dad almost mashed his finger off and the most amazing thing he never even said one cuss word! Never did go to the doctor finger looks llike crap is crooked 1/2 in shorter and no meat on one side near the tip really stings in the cold. but it still works and i dont hardly think about it anymore:eek: vOldWolf

27. You guys are hard core!!!! (hahaha)

j/k man... Seriously though... That sucks, but I'm glad you have a good attitude about it.

Does this mean you can get one of these for the rod now?

Attached Files:

• tag.jpg
      tag.jpg
      File size:
      12.8 KB
      Views:
  28. striper

striper

Join the club. Digits are over rated anyway. I've been without my left index for nearly 34 years now. Can't say I ever really missed it. I was a lad when I lost it though...kids adapt. Good luck with it. That is a great "war" story :)

29. I

WANT

PICS. But maybe throw some humor in there, like hold a beer for the picture or something.

30. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Jordan, sorry to hear that. How much of the finger did you loose?
    I had a close call on the table saw, once.
    Hope you will recover from this soon, man.
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.