Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs...need pedal ideas and pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by speedaddict, May 18, 2006.

1. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

What are you custom guys using for gas/brake pedal setups? I'm trying to get an idea for the 39. Do you have pics of your setup? HELP ME OUT PLEASE!!! I'd like something "Art Deco"

speedy

2. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Believe it or not, the infamous & usually really expensive SoCal ( www.socal.com) has a nice set of "waffle" design round brake & clutch pedals that I've decided to use in my new 27 T build. they have a "waffle" texture cast into the pedal surface that I think looks real cool! Just a thought!

3. I can't steal pictures from Ebay, but here is something similar to what I am planning to do that I would think is about perfect for your 39. It's an older drum pedal where you can take off all the unnecessary crap, trim the edges of the funny stuff (like the point at the top) and make it nice and slender and beautiful. Polish it if you like... and then use it as a gas pedal. I am using a similar one (newer style, though) for my 59 Impala.

Here's the link... http://cgi.ebay.com/Slingerland-bass-pedal-collectable-vintage-drums_W0QQitemZ180000292938QQcategoryZ119017QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Travis

4. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

I was looking at those.... C to be exact [​IMG]

5. fatflatty

fatflatty

C has my vote

6. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

7. extremist

extremist

C. It's the closest to "art deco" in that bunch. I think I'll get one too.

8. Eryk

Eryk

In one of my old Dice mags this guy took the side trim/emblems from his Triumph tank and made them into his foot runners. I always wanted to do that with a car. Just have to find the right piece of trim and the right car I guess.

9. MilesM

MilesM

Had one with an insert like C and the insert came off after a couple uses and nothing would sick it back on for more then one additional use. I changed to one like A

10. Eryk

Eryk

'A' reminds me of those rubber door knob bumbers or those little rubber pads you put on the bottom chair and couch legs.