Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Customline 9" Yoke troubles...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BlueLodgeMason, Jun 23, 2017.

1. BlueLodgeMason

BlueLodgeMason

Somehow blew up a pinion yoke on my '56 Customline the other day and need to find a replacement yoke. It's a ten spline and we can't figure out what the heck it came from![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Stock is 28 spline.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. You don't have a 9"... that's the stock '56 rear axle flange. These can be found under '49-56 Ford and most Mercury cars. T-birds, police/taxi, and wagons have a different rear axle (Dana 42), so be careful you don't get one of those.

A pic of the third member/housing will verify this...

squirrel likes this.
  3. If you've transplanted a 9 inch rearend into that car, the 1310 series pinion yoke part number is Neapco N2-4-FD01X. However, it doesn't match the wing bearing type u-joint that you've pictured.
    You would end up needing to have a new driveshaft built. I am suspicious that the shaft you have may be damaged from the same occasion that broke that end yoke.
    Are you still using the original transmission, or has the driveshaft been customized for a later engine/transmission?

4. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

5. squirrel

squirrel

....or just look at it.... if the center housing is round where it bolts to the main housing, then it's the 56 rear. If it were a 9", it would be oval shaped.

56:

[​IMG]

9" :

[​IMG]

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER