Register now to get rid of these ads!

custom white walls?? who makes em?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by forsakenfew, Jan 28, 2009.

1. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

i seem to remember a company that would basically make a custom skinny white wall tire for ya. either double stripes, gold, blue, red, etc. i've searched but can't find it anymore. thinking of changing a few things up on the "zigzagatron"

2. 57olds

57olds
    from ohio

3. Diamondback did mine. They look really nice. Bought 4 Pep Boys radials for $100 and sent them off UPS...

4. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

5. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

White Wall Candy Store
    968 N.Elm St.
    Orange, Ca. 92867
    Don't know if they are good or not but got this address off another site, worth a look see!

6. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Call Bill at Diamondback. I'm running a set on my truck and WOW do they ride nice. He takes a new production tire and buffs the sidewall smooth, then vulcanizes the white wall/ stripes/ whatever on it. Next they shape the sidewall, buff the whole thing, and let it roll. One of my guys had him do double red lines on the tires for his Pantera.....cool.

7. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

8. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I've ordered 3 sets from him. They were all about $785 delivered to Charlotte, NC. It sounds expensive, but it is the same price as a premium tire. I gotta put tires on my Ram, and its going to be about $800.

9. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I've had Diamondbacks on my ol' Stude for five years now...over 30,000 miles on them and they still don't have any wear...and the whitewall is still bright white...

R-

10. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

thanks for all the help Ol' Chevy!! i'll get ahold of Bill this week.

11. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Tell him Russ from the Retarded Sparks in Charlotte sent you.

12. DBTires

DBTires
    from Conway, SC

13. Mine came from DB also-- very nice job.

Attached Files:

14. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Is that Bill? Thanks man, great tires, we had a blast seeing how they are made. I'm loving my DBs, now I can keep it in the road. Did you get the stickers I sent with your guy from AUto Fair?

15. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

I had diamond backs as well on my last car, 51 Chevy. Those dudes are super cool and easy to deal with. About to order another set of tires from them for my 54 chevy.

16. DBTires

DBTires
    from Conway, SC

No, this is his son Tab. He doesn't know how to use a computer. I appreciate the good word about us. As for the stickers, I'm not sure.

17. Can they do that with bias plys?

18. i was looking at the web page for DB and trying to figure out the widest drag radial they sell...maybe i'm not real smart about tire sizes, but ....found it a bit confusing...also , how well do the drag radials bite??they look good from a side veiw, and yes i love the looks of the coker's...but we're talking a very lite, short wheelbase car..and i plan on lots of long distance driving...so it has me leaning more towards the radials for the comfort aspect...[​IMG]
    can someone tell me what is what here?????what is the difference in sizes????

19. btt for more info over which to run, diamond back or coker''''''''''''''

20. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

Although they are not 'wide' white walls, I've got a set of custom made dual stripe DB's on my '62 wagon. 235/60/15 all around.
    Back then I mounted the tires myself on the wheels by hand, but since I don't have a balancing rig, I've been running them unbalanced for about a year now. (Never took the time to have them balanced). Because of this there's some vibration starting from 75mph and higher. Pretty good for a set of unbalanced tires and a heavy chromed steel wheel I think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]