Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Custom Tubs , O/G tubs,all tubs -Thanks Lynn & Rik Hoving for many of the custom tub pics featured

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John Lee Williamson, Sep 10, 2017.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. 1927 Ford tub on Deuce chassis , big overhead Olds
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  3. 'Mo

'Mo

Hill climb entrant. Kieth Tardel built V8. (I think.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  4. 'Mo

'Mo

5. 'Mo

'Mo

[​IMG]

McCulloch blown Flathead.

[​IMG]

6. A Carson top 37 Ford from Lynn

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. For 1929 Ford model A tub. Asking $14,900. Chevy 350 with 350 trans. A lot of new parts within the last year. Very fun car to drive and gets a lot of looks. Call or text. Can send more pix. Thanks for looking. 513-673-6619 Jeff
    [​IMG]

8. More, a Deuce tub pict from Lynn
    [​IMG]

9. 50Fraud

50Fraud

The last two cars show wildly diverse views about -- and through -- windshields. IMO neither builder has it quite right.

Atwater Mike, LBCD, mgtstumpy and 3 others like this.
  10. I make chopped folding 28/29 Ford windshield posts and sell them here on the HAMB, there is a current trend with 32 to these leaned back curved windshields. I like 50's basics best.

11. 'Mo

'Mo

Jaunty windshield rake on this Brewster-bodied 1914 F.R.P. (Sole survivor.)
    Note door location.

[​IMG]

12. 48 Ford sedan trying to be a tub
    [​IMG]

13. Couple of Model A tubs from Calif Model A club show 2019[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

15. 34 Tub from Lynn. from a 2 Dr sedan,nice car
    [​IMG]

16. Well this looked pretty good, then I saw the windshield area. WOW, they miss the boat there. Looks like a nicely done car too.

Atwater Mike and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. Ya, it's strange, should have done it with a roadster cowl top, probably a young guy who did it.

18. Pretty sure this car was sold at a classic car place near me a few years ago. I was told it was a George Poteet car. It was nice! Only picture I can find is blurry, but here it is.
    images.jpg

19. Ohanesian/Bertolucci Merc tub before the steel lift off top from Kustomrama
    [​IMG]

BigO, chryslerfan55 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  20. 29 Ford tub at the lakes with a teaneau cover to make it a little faster.
    [​IMG]

BigO, chryslerfan55 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  21. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I love 4 door tubs, always have, but, I also love 40 Fords and I know I will never afford a real one.
    But locally this four door popped up for sale, really inexpensive (for a 40).
    [​IMG]
    I know it has been done and shown here, but did anyone cut a four door and take pictures and might have some guide lines to follow,,, like moving rear door hinges, door top fix, package tray cut, maybe a Carson top????

22. Here is the link to how I did my car it was originally a 4 dr sedan now a tub, the easiest route is build a seat back, reinforce the door pillars with tubing, weld all that together, make a paper pattern off a real tub for the rear quarter cut lines and move the rear door top hinge down to just above the reveal. Another big deal is making the "A" Pillars and front window into a convertible one, if you don't do that it'll look fake, not like a real tub.
    The link : https://public.fotki.com/Rikster/11...cars/john-williamson-cus/john-williamson-veg/

23. What is all the reference to Lynn ? Who or what is Lynn ?

24. These would look a little better with more original style "A" Pillars

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Lynn is a person who also likes tubs and takes lots of tub picts..

BigO, chryslerfan55 and 34 GAZ like this.
  26. Yellow, 1936 Ford Custom with padded top
    [​IMG]

27. Restored 36 Ford Tub
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  28. Get the next 4Dr bring it home and cut it up, It's not too hard to do.
    Here is the link to how I did my car it was originally a 4 dr sedan now a tub, the easiest route is build a seat back, reinforce the door pillars with tubing, weld all that together, make a paper pattern off a real tub for the rear quarter cut lines and move the rear door top hinge down to just above the reveal. Another big deal is making the "A" Pillars and front window into a convertible one, if you don't do that it'll look fake, not like a real tub.
    The link : https://public.fotki.com/Rikster/11...cars/john-williamson-cus/john-williamson-veg/

chryslerfan55 and The 39 guy like this.