Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Custom Tubs please, here's one of mine from 1985 -Thanks to Rik Hoving for many of the custom tub pi

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by John Lee Williamson, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

The meeting tonight was amazing in that the fellas went on and on about this and that about the phaeton that they liked. They loved the patina. They loved the updated steering box and dual exhaust with headers. They loved the fog light. They loved the interior. We had 15 guys and I thought they must have collectively been into their Christmas cheer early! Several guys offered to buy it... very cheaply. Ah, that is more like it!;)
    Some evidence:
    IMG_2981.JPG
    IMG_2983.JPG
    IMG_2984.JPG
    Yep, 'ol "Lucille" was a hit!!
    I knew they would like it but I didn't they would like it so much!
    When we first started the club in 1974, very few hot rods were actually enough together to be driving them very far, if at all! I was a regular and always drove my ragged Model A highboy tudor sedan to every meeting unless I drove my other hot rod, a 33 Chevy tudor sedan. I took a lot of ribbing about the unique appearance of my old model A but I, or even someone else in the club, would often shut the negative observer with the aforementioned line of "Where's yours?" The car wasn't very pretty but it was very reliable and even quicker... which also was quite effective on the road at shutting down negative comments as it pretty well blew everybody off the road over time... and often by a very big margin!;) Those were the days. Now, these are the days and we're doing our best to carry on the fun and the fellowship with hot rods.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    Bowtie Coupe and mikew like this.
  2. My first (Melf Robbins Oilers) tub putting it back together after paint, mid 1980's. 1975 Chrysler Cordoba Maroon. A great factory color at the time, still pretty good!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    stanlow69, LBCD, Hamtown Al and 2 others like this.
  3. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

This morning.
    Anybody wishing for a Ford under the Christmas tree? Maybe a Buick?
    IMG_2986.JPG
    IMG_2987.JPG
    Merry Happy!
    Al

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  4. Al, I owned a 53 Buick Skylark for 12 years in the mid 70-80, Should have kept it!

Hamtown Al and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  5. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

^^^Amen on the should have kept it!!
    At least you can say you had one for a while. ;) Most of us can't!

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  6. My close friend Bruces' green Ignighters of Santa Barbara tub tribute with the doors open you can really see the great interior. Check the 60's Tbird arm rests, you need them to lean on while you cruise around. photo by Steve
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  7. Bentley tub or two with teanu cover
    [​IMG]

Hamtown Al likes this.
  8. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

^^^ Er, John Lee, I'm missing somethin"!!
    But I'm...."patiently waiting.":D:D:D

9. My old 39 tub, 37 Cord and Chopped 40 Ford Pickup

[​IMG]

stanlow69, Sancho and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  10. Al, I can't get the picts to load here, send me your email and I'll email them to you I'm jwillia100@aol.com

11. My new tub in process,thanks Rik for loading it. Thanks Miguel for all the parts and pieces.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    'Mo, Hamtown Al, Sancho and 5 others like this.
  12. Custom 38 ford tub with snow tires, skirts, spotlight, and pipes. Thanks again to Rik Hovings famous photo collection and Custom Car Chronicle articles, just the best!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Hamtown Al and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  13. Bowtie Coupe and Hamtown Al like this.
  14. And another one needing work

• [​IMG]
    • [​IMG]

Bowtie Coupe and Hamtown Al like this.
  15. My first tub rear shot, slippery sedan with Bates motorcycle tail lights De Soto bumpers had to have em'

[​IMG]

16. Checkerboard City, Scott Guildners VW and my first tub.

[​IMG]

Sancho and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  17. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Hope this isn't a repeat,but if it is it is worth another view!

upload_2018-1-18_11-0-50.png

18. Great 40 Merc tub real beauty!

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  19. My first tub in the driveway on Mc Groarty St. Just noticed my chopped 40 Ford P/U reflection in the side of my tub. Lucky guy had alot of fun stuff.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Bowtie Coupe and Sancho like this.
  20. Out on the front lawn on Chimineas St Northridge

[​IMG]

LBCD and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  21. Nice 36 Ford Convertible sedan skirts, ripples, wide whites, DeSoto bumpers, hopped up flathead.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    'Mo, Bowtie Coupe and Hamtown Al like this.
  22. 27 Nailhead Tub 425 Riviera Mill R&C pict
    [​IMG]

23. socal34

socal34

24. D Socal34 thanks man, crazy for tubs, Did Eddie Dye win GNRS 2018 Best Roadster?

25. On a hill at the park

[​IMG]

Sancho and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  26. Bruces' green tub, chopped, louvers, DeSoto Bumpers Stude tail lights, photo by Steve.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    chriseakin, Bowtie Coupe and Sancho like this.
  27. Almost a tub we designed following after the Burtaolucci/Ohanasian tub with the lift off Chevy top. Built by myself and John D' Angelo. Chopped, Chanelled, Low as you can go, 52 Ford trim on the running boards, Chevy grill and bumpers, frenched headlights, flush skirts, bumper guard tail lights, almost a tub!

[​IMG]

stanlow69, chriseakin, Sprout and 4 others like this.
  28. 1936 Ford tub stock California car like Clete Roberts had years ago.
    [​IMG]