Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Custom Tubs , O/G tubs,all tubs -Thanks Lynn & Rik Hoving for many of the custom tub pics featured

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John Lee Williamson, Sep 10, 2017.

1. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Looks like a good starting point. Pretty much all there. I wonder what the other side looks like.

Hamtown Al and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. And one in better shape
    [​IMG]

GuyW, Lil32, Hamtown Al and 5 others like this.
  3. This car is a Convertible Sedan. It has roll up windows.
    This car is a Phaeton, it doesn't have side windows. It uses side curtains like a Roadster. I'd be happy with either one. Both are 36 Fords, could be 35 Fords, but I can't really see the grilles, so I'm sticking with 36 Fords..

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  4. Barbarian

Barbarian
    from New Jersey

Here’s my phaeton I’ve been slowly building, going for a very early custom 51D69241-DC47-4668-BBDA-D1E91183108D.jpeg

Lil'Alb, GuyW, Lil32 and 7 others like this.
  5. I like your tub, for early custom look use 41 Ford bumpers, dropped headlight bar, small headlights, 32 grill shell and stock spare tire mount on the back lowered a bit with 36 ford tire cover and lowered suspension front and back 4 or 5 in. I like your wheel covers. For that OG westcoast look paint it baby blue or white primer. And a white teaneau cover over the front and back seat compartments with a zipper down the middle of the front teaneau so you can un-zip it to drive. You'll be on the money. JW

chryslerfan55 and lurker mick like this.
  6. Barbarian

Barbarian
    from New Jersey

this picture is with a 4” drop axle and 550 fronts. Rear is still stock height, I have a modified T style spring that will go in soon and should drop it around 4”. Rear tire is a 750, might be too big but we’ll see how it sits. May change to white walls. Will be doing a drop headlight bar but staying stock A grille shell for now. I have a set of 49 Plymouth ribbed bumpers I may use. Will also probably make a louvered rear panel joining the gap from
    fender to the other. Will be doing a tonneau eventually as well. Lots of ideas, I’m sure it’ll continue to evolve

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

Hey John my name is Brian. I've known the Cox family for about ten years now and I hang out with Linda and Dave the kids just about every weekend or more. It's cool to see that the tub went to someone that's using it. Dave gave me the chance to buy it for a good price but like most things I don't have the room and it wasn't exactly for me

John Lee Williamson likes this.
  8. Bentley tub great picture in a nice setting.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  9. adam401

adam401

IMG_6362.jpg
    I had a hand in building this one a decade ago. My buddy will have it in the classifieds here soon if it isnt already.

10. Good looking "A" Tub, thanks for posting it, I love tubs.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  12. So Cal fellas riddin' around in a "T" Tub

13. uncle buck

uncle buck

Todays sightings

Attached Files:

14. That's some nice ones!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I really like the 37.

15. Yes, the 37 is like the California Plating 36 Ford, very slick!

16. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

17. 32 Ford tub at LARS 2022, just a really good looking 32.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    GuyW, Lil32, Jim Bouchard and 7 others like this.
  18. Al Consoli likes this.
  19. socal34

socal34

20. socal34

socal34

21. A customized 36 Ford tub from LARS 2022
    [​IMG]