Register now to get rid of these ads!

custom seat latch to lock non locking bench seat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big hugh ness, May 12, 2012.

1. Gentlemen,
    is there such a thing as a latch or locking mechanism (or has someone made a functioning one) to suit a bench seat for my old 52 Buick Riviera?
    I have the fold down front seat in my hardtop but it has no locking fixture. I have modified the car a bit from stock so to get it registered it's probably gonna have to have a locking thing fitted. Plus, I don't fancy having my head hit the steel dash in case of an accident. such as hitting a kangaroo or a person on a bike, (or worse; a person riding a kangaroo)...
    Do the later model hardtops have locking seats?
    Thanks guys.

2. Ruggie

Ruggie

Mate try going to the wreckers and looking in vans,4x4's and wagons they sometime's have fold down rear seats that you could adapt the latch from,also some of the third row seats use a latch to lock them in.

3. Damn, I didn't think of 4x4 and the like. Definitely worth a thought. Thanks for that.