Register now to get rid of these ads!

custom radiator mount pics needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tobyflh, Aug 23, 2013.

1. tobyflh

tobyflh
    from Peru il

looking for pictures of ways people mounted their radiator on open hood cars or trucks. I'm trying to get ideas on how to mount my radiator and grill shell to a custom frame. This is what I have to work with. I do have some ideas but looking for more.

Attached Files:

2. tobyflh

tobyflh
    from Peru il

sorry wrong picture

Attached Files:

3. fleetside66

fleetside66

A lot depends on the fact the you don't want the radiator & surrounding grill shell to be higher than the cowl line. So, if you have room, the normal mounting location is the front cross member. Given that, the main bracing will be the rods connecting the radiator/grill shell assembly to the firewall. As far as the mounting goes for your actual radiator, that would depend on what sort of attachments are afforded to you by the actual radiator. I used an aftermarket Mustang radiator, which had a nice side flanges to work with, where I used some angle iron & little fabricated feet to mate it all with the radiator. It's as solid as a brick. If I get a chance, I'll get some pics for you. What sort of radiator are you using?

4. tobyflh

tobyflh
    from Peru il

I'm using a mustang radiator also and I was thinking same type of setup.

5. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

Are you going to run a bed on the back ? If so maybe you could mount it back there somewhere. that would give you a clean slate for the front of the truck...