Register now to get rid of these ads!

Custom Merc Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EyeballJohn, Nov 14, 2011.

1. EyeballJohn

EyeballJohn

I need some Help identifying the front bumper in the first picture, I think it might be a 56 chevy bumper but not sure, I was also told it could be a 49 Cad, I picked up another 50 Merc last summer and I am collecting parts for it to get started on over the winter, already found a cleaner nose for it and a pass door, the car needs a ton of work but I like a challenge, had a 50 merc years ago, chopped it, nosed and decked it, and did all the work in Lead but never got the chance to finish it, family and you know the old story, but this one is a keeper. Check out the other pics of the rust bucket.

I restore Corvettes for a living, I know I know, go ahead and say it EEEWWWW, but I'm a Custom Hot Rodder deep down inside, been buildin and restoring cars for 35 years now, I have a couple of Vettes, Customs of coarse but the old Mercs are more my style, if someone could Help I would appriciate it, if you want to see some of my work you can go to WWW.eyeballjohn.com, Thanks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Looks like a 55 or 56 chev bumper to me....

3. 19Fordy

19Fordy

It looks to me like it's a bumper that has been cut in the middle and rewelded to get that peak and also fit the Merc very snugly.

4. koolkemp

koolkemp

I think its a modified combo of 55 & 56 Chevy front bumpers

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

'48/49 Caddy has a similar look, but it's not "rounded' enuff for a Caddy bumper...

R-

6. Skirv

Skirv

It's a 56 Chevy front bumper. That Merc would look like a Hirohata clone if were not for that bumper.