Register now to get rid of these ads!

custom medallions-emblems hubcap mounting

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paulie_boy13, Jun 9, 2010.

1. paulie_boy13

paulie_boy13
    from NC

I searched didnt see what I wanted.

If one was to use a plastic steering wheel emblem as a hubcap medallion. What would the best way to attach it?

for instance a caddy sombrero hubcap medallion uses tabs that push in then bend down, locking it to the hubcap. a Kaiser steering wheel emblem doesnt have metal tabs on the back.

so say i fabricated a metal ring with the correct tabs to fit the hubcap.

what would be the IDEAL way to attach that ring to the steering wheel emblem without it poking through the graphic in front?

.... would epoxy attack the plastic in the emblem? should i resin cast a bottom to the steering wheel button and sink the metal ring? hot glue it haha

any replies are appreciated.

2. I would use a really good RTV silicone. Epoxy would probably work but it is rather brittle and might flake off, the silicone will absorb the vibration.

3. Special Ed

Special Ed

I had to cast mine out of resin, painted them, then glued them to the sombrero medallions, and re-installed them on the sombreros with the four clips....:) exactly as you described.

4. SHORTDOG

SHORTDOG

What if you tack weld some tabs on the back of the caps like the Cads? or if you don't want to apply heat to the caps.... use JB Weld to hold the metal tab in place once you set the emblem in place.

5. paulie_boy13

paulie_boy13
    from NC

Ttt once for the noon crew.