Register now to get rid of these ads!

Custom Hubcaps

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by charlesmajor, Apr 22, 2011.

1. charlesmajor

charlesmajor
    from tx

Is there a place I could send an electronic file and have custom script cut into a hubcap? These are Russian wheels... I could go standard (about the size of a FORD truck cap) or the caps like found at:
    Early Wheel Company
    Wheelsmith http://www.thewheelsmith.net/ford_wheels.html
    Wheel Vintiques

[​IMG]

2. Look up companies that do waterjet cutting in your area. If they have a machine with a programable z axis, they can match the contour of the hubcaps as they cut them, but it's not critical. You can pretty much make any design you want and cut it. If you look at my profile I have some pics of some aircleaners I made on one at work.

3. You might be able to get that logo engraved into your hubcap, BUT, you will first have to have the hubcap's chrome stripped, then the cap must be polished. After the polishing you get it engraved, then take it back to the chrome shop.

I've had alot of car and motorcycle parts engraved over the years, and that is the process I've always had to do. The results are awesome, but it can get expensive fast. Good luck..........E

4. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I belive there was a sportsman woodie in one of the recent Rodders Journals that had some custom hubcaps that were lazer etched .