Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Custom Gauge Cluster Ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65fordguy, Jan 3, 2014.

1. 65fordguy

65fordguy

hey guys.. Im digging into my 65 f100 project and Im about ready to start on the gauges.. but I'm kinda getting a block on ideas. Here is what I have for a dash bezel. Brand new... The photos aren't the actual one just some i found on the net.. but its the same part. mine came from dennis carpenter.

My original one was the round unit and its not operating and I'm not a big fan of the large multi gauge.

I want to do something custom as opposed to stock... but I attached a stock cluster for reference.

Attached Files:

2. 65fordguy

65fordguy

here is what I found another guy doing.. and I like it alright.. its closer to what I would like to see.. but what material to use as a mount plate and look vintage and cool. I like the textured original in my previous post. or something like it. My dash is white ..Ford oxford white.. so I'm thinking black gauges probably?? open to any suggestions and ideas. id prefer not to cut into the dash bezel.. but if it makes it right.. i'll do it.

Attached Files:

3. Beau

Beau

I'd fix that stocker. It looks super clean.

4. 65fordguy

65fordguy

I would.. But I don't have one like that... Mine looks like this... Some love it... I'm OK with it .. I just prefer the other design.

Sent from my LG-D800 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

Attached Files:

5. 65fordguy

65fordguy

Btt

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  6. 65fordguy

65fordguy

Btt

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. alchemy

alchemy

How about similar to the guy who installed the small round gauges, but you use another "texture" on the inside oval. Some drum wrap pearloid material would be neat, with that stock machine-turned on the outer ring. Depending on the color paint of the truck, it could be coordinated with the white dash or the outside paint color. I personally like black face gauges.