Register now to get rid of these ads!

Custom built

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by itsmee, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Fund this while trawling the web.
    A custom built 1949 Delahaye roadster supposedly built for English actress Diana Dorrs and sold at auction for a touch over $4,000,000........

Attached Files:

2. aircap

aircap

3. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

SEXY!!!
    --------
    Mart3406
    =============

4. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

Any more pictures on this or a builder?

5. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

she's also a very sexy lady

6. Amazing car,.. know as the Saoutchik Delahaye. Has been mentioned a few times on the HAMB and there is a fair bit of info on line. One of the best in my mind,...

7. grf-x

grf-x

That's some build. Not my cup of tea, but i can definitely appreciate the craftsmanship and dedication.

8. 53Hattie

53Hattie

49CadiCC,

Just off the top, w/o digging into it, I would not say that's a body by Saoutchik, but rather one by Fignoni & Falaschi...

Well curiosity got the best of me, so I did a little research, and therefore respectfully stand corrected! Sure bares a striking resemblance to some of F&F's efforts though, including the Probiscus nose. The data I found indicates it may have been owned by Miss Dorrs, however it was initially built for the International show circuit. I checked Dianna's bio, as she was born in 1931, she'd have been about 18yrs old when the car was built, I'm inclined to doubt she was famous enough, or wealthy enough, by then to have afforded it when it was brand new.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012