Register now to get rid of these ads!

Custom Body Work In Alberta?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slammed88, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

Hey,
    Is anyone on here from Alberta willing to do some custom body work for me? I'd pay you (of course :D). I was going to do all of it on my own, but some of the things that I would like to have done (flaring out the rocker panels, etc.) are beyond my abilities.

If anyone here might be interested PM me and I'll hit you up with all the details.

Thanks! :)

2. moefuzz

moefuzz

It's pretty hard to find anyone capable of, or anyone who has time on their hands in this oil driven economy.

I do my own work and worked for several of the hot rod and custom shops around the city.

But I'm a Welder by trade and the current Union rate is $36 with all overtime at 2X.

I now pay for someone to paint my stuff but still do my own welding/fabing and bodywork when I'm not slogging away at the overtime.

If you are looking for excellent quality work, avoid at all costs that shop in chestemere because you won't ever find out how much bondo is pasted over crap till years later. jmho from my time inside the Canuck version of Boyd's.

Look to Heighton Restorations out in Bieseker for some of the best award winning work to be found in the West. bar none.

The hourly rate is decent but don't expect them to do shoddy work over your original metal (like that famous aforementioned "Hotrod and Custom" bondo over it all shop to the east of you). jmho.

3. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

Thanks for the tips! :)

4. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

5. -slim-

-slim-
    from Montreal

6. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

can't really speak from any Calgary shops... but Dual Divisions Hot Rods up here in Red Deer is run by my buddy Dave, and he's a wizard with metal working.

7. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

Awesome. I'll be sure to get a hold of him. Do you have an e-mail address I can reach him at?

Thanks! :)

8. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

9. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

hey man, I'll try an dig his # up and I'll PM it to you, just gotta find the card

10. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

11. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

hey dude, sorry it took so long, I PM's you his number