Register now to get rid of these ads!

Custom "1941 Lincoln Racecar"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nailhead dodge roadster, Apr 25, 2011.

1. So I was surfing around looking for a model T project when I saw this listed on one of the sites. It was listed as a "1941 Lincoln Racecar" but looks more like an unfinished or "restoration started" custom. Best I can tell it was suposed to be a mid engine flathead hooked to who knows what kind of transmission set up.

Anyone ever seen this car before?

Attached Files:

2. I don't known this car, nor do I plan on owning it. If you want contact info I can pass it along. Just found it interesting in a "WTF is that...." kinda way.

3. wow, an old car this ugly and no one has a comment?

4. You could try Geoff Hacker at "Forgotten Fiberglass".

5. leadhead51

leadhead51
    from ontario

my mom always told me ,if you have nothing nice to say,don't say anything at all!

6. Ravenwood

Ravenwood
    from Texas

I remember this car. I saw it race at Sebring in the mid-sixties. It was an awful shade of orange. It finished between two Chaparrals. Not bad,eh?

Not Jim Hall's Chaparrals, though... two chaparral bushes off the course between turns five and six. Lap one. Everyone wondered how the blooming thing got there in the first place. Not the "Lincoln",... the chaparral plants. And they weren't blooming. They had been smuggled in from California with a shipment of funny weed the week before.

Or was it me with the funny weed? Did this happen at all? Martha! Bring me my meds!

7. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

They used to be the thing to do...ala 1960

Attached Files:

8. Simon

Simon
    from London, UK

I now own this car and it is being shipped to the UK. I have further information on its history and am in the process of setting up a blog to tell the story and show the rebuild. Coming soon at https://www.lincolnzephyrspecial.com

9. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Interesting aero... not. I think it would have looked and worked better if the body was turned 180 over the chassis, putting the low tail up front! Gary
    [​IMG]

10. Simon

Simon
    from London, UK

I have some original picture of when it was first found in 2003 and previous history. It was found with rear fender skirts

I have the engine bay cover and one of the bespoke wheel covers for the front wheels to allow more air into the front drums

11. Simon

Simon
    from London, UK

All the parts are 1938 to 1941 Lincoln and there has been quite an expense on the build, the chassis has be shortened and all the body work is brazed and leaded