Register now to get rid of these ads!

Curved glass Stewart Warners found.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by selohssa, Jun 24, 2010.

1. selohssa

selohssa

I picked up two sets of curved Glass Stewart Warner gauges today. I found them a couple of months ago and just had a chance to go back and get them. Where do I go for parts for these? I only need one full set for my RPU, so there are enough lenses but some of the faces are badly faded. I also lost a brand new Proto wrench as I was taking these out. A cow was eating grass beside me and ate it while I was under the dash.

IMG_3084.JPG

IMG_3085.JPG

2. Deuces

Deuces

Poor cow.... That wrench might kill it...

3. Cow has good taste

Nice gauge sets

4. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

those are swweeet

5. If my next steak has a Proto wrench in it, I'll return it to you.

6. selohssa

selohssa

I felt bad. I told my buddy right away and he said not to worry. He has dealt with this kind of thing before.

7. BELLM

BELLM

It's called "hardware disease" when a cow eats something metal, no kidding! If it were a piece of wire or something sharp would be more likely to harm the cow. I got a few of them cow critters.
    Could have been worse, coulda been a Snap On. Nice score!

8. damn! That is a score and a half, what did you pull them out of? Auburn, Chrysler?
    Great score!

9. MERRELL

MERRELL

i just picked up a set of stewart warner blue face gauges anyone know what they are worth?

10. selohssa

selohssa

Snowblower. No kidding, it was an old Sicard snowblower. When I found it in the trees, I could only see the one set above the steering wheel. When I went Yesterday, I pushed all of the junk aside to make room to work and found the second set on the other side. One set monitored the truck and the other monitored the snowblower engine.:)

11. 47 ford

47 ford

Thats a great score and a funny story. you have to wonder what that cow was thinking to eat a wrench.....

12. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Nice score!
    I used to work on Sicards when I was serving in the R.A.F.We used them for clearing snow from the runways.Did it still have the engine fitted?The MK1 and 2 Sicards were powered by a 413 Chrysler fitted with the 6-bolt Hemi crank.Well worth saving.

13. VonWegener

VonWegener

14. synthsis

synthsis

beat me to it. I saw Cow Magnets on Dirty Jobs last year. I guess it's easier to jam a magnet down their throats than have them get sick and die from internal bleeding.

15. I would be interested in one of those panels if your not gonna use it. I like the looks of those. I don't need any gauges just a panel like that. PM me if ya want. Thanks

16. doctorZ

doctorZ

there's a shop here in sac called capital speedo. he does rebuilds and i think can even silk-screen new faces.

17. selohssa

selohssa

Thanks, I will be down there next month and I will try to look them up.