Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Current TJ Upholstery Information

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by klawockvet, Feb 5, 2020.

1. No it was a joke. It has already been stated in this thread that it was from the movie losin' it. You can relax.

2. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Correction: Donkey shit. Cheaper...

3. Cool to see the end result! Thats a cool roadster

4. Gman0046

Gman0046

Some of these posts remind me of the trips I've made to Bogata, Columbia where you can buy anything and probably one of the most dangerous places I've ever been to. We used to stay at the Tequendama Hotel a first class hotel which had a high class shopping arcade that wound through out the hotel. You couldn't walk 100 feet without someone try to sell you emeralds real or fake, female companionship or blow which is what they call cocaine. I'll never forget the shops that sold leather goods throughout the city that sold briefcases, suitcases, belts, wallets and all kinds of leather items. Almost all these shops had at least one wall that held nothing but holsters. I always thought they are not selling holsters unless they had something to put in them. Would never even think about going there again its probably now worse. I'll bet TJ isn't any safer right now.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    Tman likes this.
  5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

'Horseshit' or 'Donkeyshit' was a long running joke, we as kids in Santa Clara had lots of laughs about it...
    But when Johnny Cuelo pulled the rear seat out of his mild custom '50 Ford Tudor, he noticed the stitching had come loose under the back rest.
    The 1 year old white naugahyde tuck-and-roll job (back seat and back rest ONLY) had been stuffed with rolled-up pages from Mexican newspapers.
    Yep. We saw it. Me and two Donahues.
    Johnny took the shoebox to Toupal in San Jose to have it fixed...he said Toupal charged him $125!!! As much as he paid the Tijuana guys a year before! (1956)
    True.

I took my J-2 powered '50 Olds Coupe to Victory Upholstery in T.J., 1962. Headliner, seats, side panels...red & white tuck & roll, red piping. $275.
    Tommy Santos and I took turns watching 'em do it, bought the guys (workers) each a bottle of Tequila, the owner (an Italian-American) refused any 'tip', as he was the owner. They worked all night, amazing. Times were different. The border guard looked suspicious, but let us thru.
    CHP stopped me near Bakersfield going North, 100 MPH. He was interested in the car, showed him the engine, explained we were 'late for work'...he gave me a ticket for 'excessive speed, Prima-Facie'. (remember that one? LOL)

6. ErnieBirdie

ErnieBirdie

Always hit the Long Bar First then the Chicago Club -
    Mikes- The Aloha - and Goodness the Blue Fox was
    already gone ? in the late 60's --Yes-No ? I remember in
    1966 -67 we called the $ 1.00 a pitcher beer at the Long Bar
    Green Beer and joked-- the lumps ? in it were the best part .....
    First and Last ! Bullfight I was invited along to watch- OMG..
    Featured the infamous El Cordobes from Spain. Wearing a suit
    of Gold and White on a Bright Sun Shiny Day- A Special section
    somewhat in a shady area of the Bull Ring sat - the Beautiful Senorita's
    and I guess Senora's veils of black - with small hand fans... And as the
    Trumpets began to announce the entrance of the picadors and matadors...
    I thought I was at a Santana/ Chicago Concert in the
    ```````````Open Air at Balboa Stadium
    And then it got ugly.... OMG -----
    A couple of horses were gutted by one bull....
    Well.. I understood why Cordobes was famous--
    At least he came close to ---getting his---.
    And took some very crazy chances.- Never Again OMG........

Found this topic- thread while googling " Upholstery" LOL
    My Old 53 Chevy Suburban needs--- that and more-----
    Last Trip to TJ ? ---1976 and it had already changed so much.