Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Curious: Who all's got Model A's in the works?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Zenor, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Saw Titus' thread with the ginchy A sedan project, and it occurred to me that there seems to be a tidal wave of HAMB Model A projects going on. If you got one, pop a picture here to show your progress.

Here's my 31 coopay, currently at Marty & Sons' evil laboratory in the 815-sylvania...

[​IMG]

2. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

29 tudor 4" chop and 4" channel. SBC. Pretty basic. Just finished the floor. I will be tearing it down in a week or 2. Plan to be driving it by spring.

Attached Files:

3. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

I've got a bunch of really fucked up parts I'm trying to turn into something.....very slowly though since customs keep popping up........Hell, I'll probaly never build a finished hot rod.

4. I've got one I am hoping to drive by Christmas.

Attached Files:

5. warbozz

warbozz

I've got my dad's '30 coupe about ready to run. He bought it in 1962, and restored it the same year. It's a totally stock 'A' that hasn't been run in the last 25 years. I'm hoping to get it going before the end of this month. The basic plan is to hop-up the engine 1930's style and keep the stock 'sleeper' look with double the horsepower (at least), maybe higher speed rear end gears, or the expensive option, an overdrive. Once it's running I can get it outside for some decent pictures.

6. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

No pics, but have two 30 A sedans in the works. One will be Flathead powered, channeled but not chopped. And the other Chopped, channeled and Nailhead powered . Both fenderless. :cool:

7. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

Probably the oldest semi-stalled project on the HAMB.

http://public.fotki.com/SmokinJoe/the_model_a_coupe/

Body's off the frame now, frame's sandblasted and a buddy is building a chassis jig in his shop before we box it and start welding brackets and crossmembers.

8. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

My fordor I've been bustin ass on. I'll have the frame in paint in a week. Then gotta assemble the motor, drop it in, wire it up and go. Heres some older pics

Attached Files:

9. Mine is seeing progress again after a busy summer, I have a very talented old school sheetmetal guy massaging the body panels and he is currently just finishing up with the cowl/fuel tank then we will make the A hood fit the deuce shell. 28/29 roadster pick up, hallock windshield, completely rebuilt 47-59A flathead and 39 box, 34 front axle and wishbone, 32 K member/ pedals, 36 rear diff, F1 pu steering... [​IMG]

10. NoSurf

NoSurf

11. Beemer

Beemer

My father and I will be starting a '29 Tudor this winter. Gonna run a Packard inline 8 (288) with dual Weber one-barrels. The engine's done, sounds good, and is just waiting on a frame to be built. Ford 8.8 traction lock rearend out of a Mustang. It'll have a chevy transmission, he's already got the adapter built. We found a pristine body that'll only need to be sanded and reprimered.

12. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

This is some of the sheetmetal for a 28-29 CCPU. It's been extended 6-1/2". Running gear is a B motor with an original CRAGAR head, headers, Remund ignition, Stromberg-Bendix intake (c. 1931), juice brakes, Ford F-100 steering Borg-Warner T-5 transmission, 16" wires, The "Supercab" project will be done next spring.

Attached Files:

13. k-member

k-member

Here's a couple of pics of mine....

Attached Files:

• 0A.JPG
      0A.JPG
      File size:
      63.1 KB
      Views:
    • 00A1.JPG
      00A1.JPG
      File size:
      46.9 KB
      Views:
  14. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I'm building a '31 Coupe. No current pictures, though. Maybe tonight, if I can remember. I'm only really on the computer at work.

15. gregga

gregga

My coupe is a work in progress. Been a work in progress since I bought it. The sedan is powered by a '34 commercial banger and '46 brakes.

Attached Files:

16. BubbaLuv

BubbaLuv
    from Denton, Tx

here's mine in progess:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74267&&showall=1

17. Paul

Paul
    Editor

lookin good Mike Z

what size tires and wheels on the front?

I brought this one home last winter,
    haven't really started on it yet,

it'll get the early 471 blown small Chevy and a stick, early 9 inch, cheaters...

Attached Files:

18. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

No pics, or progress recently, since I just moved back home. My 30' Vicky is going back to "in progress" status as soon as we get into our new place next week.

Drew

19. '28 A Tudor currently in process...

It's not a "traditional" styled build, however.

20. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Present.

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      65.1 KB
      Views:
    • 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      51.5 KB
      Views:
    • rear01.jpg
      rear01.jpg
      File size:
      52.2 KB
      Views:
  21. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

and mine thats mothballed untill the shops finished...

Attached Files:

22. Here's one of the latest pics of my 31 on 32 rails project.

Tryin' on a 32 top.
    Looks to be a good fit and all that's gonna be required is shortening the front horizontal bars between windshield and middle oak bow.
    Virtually a bolt-on after that - 'cept for shortening the main top piece of canvas.
    Better lines than an A top imho.

It's been a long term project, but that's ok, it's a hobby and I get a little done every day.
    Lots of small stuff to take care of and make before I get to the big ticket items like drivetrain rebuild etc.

Attached Files:

23. Slag Kustom

Slag Kustom

here is my 30-31 A pick up. chopped, channeled, sectioned, flush fit doors, suicide doors, streched cab, porsche sunroof, sbc, t5, jag rear,57 ford dash, 56 f-100 box, cut down 56 caddy seering wheel

Attached Files:

24. AV8-Rider

AV8-Rider

Hey Wideglide.
    I would like to see some more pics of your ride. Looks like a heap down my alley of taste.:)

Paul

25. CheatersPete

CheatersPete

26. glassguy

glassguy

my 29.. hope to get back on it this winter

Attached Files:

27. glassguy

glassguy

better?

Attached Files:

28. kentucky

kentucky

I've got a 29 Coupe but it has to wait for me to finish up and move my old F-350 and Falcon. I've got a jump on the parts though - got a flathead, WC T-5, F1 shock mounts, 8" rear(but I'll probably swap it for a 9" to keep 5x5.5 bp.) I sold the drivetrain but the guy hasn't come after it yet. I found a good F1 chassis last week that should have my steering box, crossmember, pedals, and some spare shock mounts, now I have to talk the guy out of it:D

Current plan is highboy, unchopped, on A rails with sidepipes like AV8's Bluey.

I may go with a little more Z in the back though, and mount the spring to the bones, running an undropped axle in front of a stock grill shell. I like 'em that way.

Attached Files:

29. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

No pics, but our club has eight Model A's in the works right now...

one '29 roadster
    one '30 roadster
    one '31 roadster
    one '28 rpu
    two '30 coupes
    one '29 sedan
    one '31 sedan

...anyone got any spare time we can buy??

lp

30. Kruzer63

Kruzer63

Here is my 28 A sedan next to my dads 32 3 window coupe. I just brought my sedan home from summer storage and gonna get back at it soon here.

[​IMG]