Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Curbspeed Coupe. "Holy Hell" 10/4/2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curbspeed, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Thanks Jeff, I love your pickup man. That orange color just does it for me. My plan for this thing is hugger orange. I originally was going to put a 354 hemi in it that I have but decided on going with the 371 Olds motor. I have all the parts to build this motor and hemi's are just so damn expensive to build anymore. Would love to have some artwork from you someday. Maybe we will meet sometime. Cheers- Dale

2. Looking good Dale, now get back in the garage and do more work ! LOL , Swap meet season is here ! Corvette and High Perf. this weekend, next weekend Early Bird Ford Swap. look forward to more updates ! very nice !

3. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I just stumbled onto this thread , but I'm hooked ! Looking forward to more .

4. 48bill

48bill

Dale, I met you this year at Bonneville and we talked about your roadster pickup and your Dad's highboy that I'd remembered from a HRMx cover and article some years ago. Great looking build. Hope to see you again at Bonneville again this summer.

5. I got a little done this weekend. Got the rest of the boxing plates put in and added the front mount bar for the Kiwi Konnection ladder bars. Tacked the rear brakects on the rear and will have them TIG welded later. I want them strong. The plates that look like they are riveted onto the boxing plates are actually welded. Rivets are Allen head bolts welded in and made to look like rivets. I will be working on getting the frontend hairpin mounts in this next week. Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy and brEad like this.
  6. hasty

hasty

Looking good. Inspiring craftsmanship.

7. looking good, I am so jealous, love the 34 5w's!!!

8. Hey Bill, Thanks. Looking forward to Bonneville again this year if all things work out.

9. couverkid

couverkid

Dale the chassis is lookin great. Nice vision.

10. Thanks Steve, Coming from you and your ability I really appreciate the nice comment.

11. looking really good Dale, we missed you at the Early Bird Swap Meet, as you may have learned from another thread. Shawn has sold the 54 Stude... Time to get the 60 Starliner on the road.. keep the updates coming buddy !

12. Hey Rob, Ya I would have like to be at that swap like the old days too. Glad Shawn sold the Studie. Good on him. Starliner project should be cool. I have yet to see any pics. How about sending me some.

13. I'll take some spy pictures... the frame is looking killer. I scored a Fenton Ford Flathead Six block side cover. Now have to get a fire lit and get the 60 going. keep us updated

14. torchmen49

torchmen49

Dale, just found this thread! I'll be tagging along for sure now (subscribed). The fab work you've done to your frame is just great, and well thought out. Looked for ya at the GNRS, did ya make it? Keep up the good work buddy! - Dave

15. Thanks Dave! Your kemp looked fabulous at GNRS.(pictures I saw here) I did not make it this year. Actually stayed home and worked on the chassis. I miss hanging out with my Canuck buddies up north. Are you ever gonna drive out this way for anything?

16. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

Whoa Dale! I just found this thread too... Looking good man. I ALLWAYS liked the look of the spun wheel covers on your Roadster! They'll look BITCHIN' on this Coupe.

17. brady1929

brady1929

18. Thanks Kris, I haven't heard much from you lately. What are you working on pal? Post pictures please. And Kris, the wheelcovers are steel and are not the aluminum one that were on the rpu. I need to find two good bent spoke Kelsey's and those are going back on. Good to hear from you.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  19. Small Update: Worked on the front hairpin mounts this weekend. Home duties kept me from getting more done. I had bought some mounting brackets from Speedway Motors awhile back. I went round and round about how I would use them, I think they look really flimsy if just welded on as is so I decided to modify them to my liking. I did something similar on my rpu but decided to make these a little different. Pictures will tell the story on the modifications that were made. I decided that 3 inches would be about right after mocking up the frontend and taking out all the leaves except the main. I compressed the front axle with a strap and eyeballed it for a while. I will make adjustments to the front spring as needed after I get it down on the floor. Here are my pictures.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
    mgtstumpy likes this.
  20. Hey Pal, thanks for the update. Really looking good... keep the updates coming along. Not much here going on , other than swap meet season is in gear. I'm Looking at 53-56 F100 pickups.

21. I used 1/4 rod to make a piece to go around the perimeter of the bracket. I want these pieces to look like they are cast similar to the PSI hairpins and batwings. Here are some more pics of my progress. I am pretty happy with the way they turned out. A little filler and they will be good to go. Don't pay attention to the angle of the hairpin in one of the photo's. It will be right when I get all the leaves back in the front spring.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
    Runnin shine, ls1yj, bct and 2 others like this.
  22. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Brackets look amazing!! (As does the rest of the chassis) Thanks for taking the time to post updates.

23. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

thats a nice touch,gonna be a cool ride

24. Thanks, I'm trying. I am not afraid! No car is special. Just metal.

25. say what ! lol !

26. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

nice details so far! I love it

27. bonesy

bonesy

I shouldn't be surprised coming from you - but those brackets are killer!

28. Bonesy, Are you moving to Arizona in the near future? I seem to remember something you said earlier about that.

29. bonesy

bonesy

Yes sir - I'm moving.

I'm already out in Scottsdale. My wife, kids (and more importantly my '32) will be moving out this summer. I'm excited for it.

30. That 34 in your avatar looks killer. Feel free to look me up if you get down to Tucson in the future. I hope your wife and kids don't read that last statement. That might not go over too well.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019