Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Curbspeed Coupe. "Holy Hell" 10/4/2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curbspeed, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Where it belongs. I'm driving it tomorrow to a couple of tire kicker car shows locally. Film at 11. IMG_1518.JPG IMG_1511.JPG IMG_1514.JPG IMG_1516.JPG

2. IMG_1531.JPG Had a really great day today at Don's Hotrod Shop Customer appreciation Christmas party. I didn't take too many pictures but it was really good to show off this ol' clapped out Ford. Lots of really good feedback. IMG_1537.JPG IMG_1536.JPG IMG_1535.JPG IMG_1534.JPG IMG_1533.JPG IMG_1528.JPG IMG_1523.JPG IMG_1529.JPG IMG_1524.JPG IMG_1525.JPG IMG_1522.JPG IMG_1521.JPG IMG_1520.JPG IMG_1519.JPG IMG_1527.JPG IMG_1532.JPG IMG_1526.JPG

3. Was not bad. Right side spindle needed one more shim. Loose backing plate bolts. Tie rod was not tight enough and King bolt locating pin needed snugged down. All is good. All those things create death wobble. None now.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    chryslerfan55, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  4. Wow, Only an 8 year thread. Not bad. Hope you enjoyed all these years following along as I piddled on this project. Still have some things to work on but almost done. I have enjoyed all the positive feedback from HAMB members. 100% homebuilt hotrod except for machine work(locally) on motor and rearend by Hotrod Works in Idaho.Thank you all very much. Dale Seaholm

31hotrodguy, slv63, ls1yj and 9 others like this.
  5. Looking good, Dale! It appears we're both at about the same place with our cars. I also have a little plastic skeleton hanging from my mirror-- left over from Halloween.

6. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

What are your plans for the hood?

rob-redm, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  7. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Geez, how'd I miss this thread. I just went through it from the beginning and loved it.

loudbang and curbspeed like this.
  8. super stoked for you Dale, great to see the transformation, and to it's current form, where you'll be able to create a new chapter in its life, with new memories on the horizon.
    Top stuff, love it. Thanks for hanging in there and pushing forward.
    Drewfus

loudbang, curbspeed and 509garyd like this.
  9. I'm going to fix one top hood that I'm not happy with and then it will go on. I like the look of the full hood.

10. I'm installing the hood and side panels tomorrow. I have always intended on running the full hood. It's just too damn sexy not to. Pictures will follow.

11. squirrel

squirrel

congrats making it out in the world with the car!

Don's...the first place I bought a speed part, circa 1977 :)

curbspeed, kidcampbell71 and 509garyd like this.
  12. This is my plan for the hood Dougie! Looks so much better and finished. So cool to look out the window and see a bunch of louvers too. Dig it boys! IMG_1551.JPG IMG_1550.JPG IMG_1542.JPG IMG_1547.JPG

itsmee, beatnik, Stogy and 10 others like this.
  13. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

Awesome with the hood!

brEad, loudbang and curbspeed like this.
  14. The hood makes the flames look even cooler than they did before. Great looking car!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. Shadow Creek

Shadow Creek

This is fantastic, love it!

loudbang likes this.
  16. Absolutely beautiful man !

509garyd, loudbang and curbspeed like this.
  17. Looks killer with the hood. That car is too nice to not look complete and finished.

loudbang and curbspeed like this.
  18. Yep, Really authentic SW Arizona Nauga Rattlesnake on the sunvisors/sunshades. Killed it with my bare hands and bit it's head clean off.

loudbang and brEad like this.
  19. DaveyJonez

DaveyJonez
    from Houston

Man, that thing is so absolutely bitchin’ in and of itself- but to know you bit the face off of a godamn rattlesnake to make it right...well that’s the proverbial cherry. Seriously, that thing is triumphant man.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. 509garyd, loudbang and curbspeed like this.
  21. Just don't look too close. This car is completely homebuilt and has some flaws. I may address them or I may not. Time will tell.

brEad, David Gersic and loudbang like this.
  22. In my opinion that is what makes your interpretation of this style car so awesome. There is nothing more Hot Rod than a home built one! Happy Holidays, Nick

Sent from my Pixel XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

23. Latest pics with a few different wheel combo's. I actually going to build a new set of wheel covers for it that will be really racy. Stay tuned. It's a long dark road.
    IMG_1571.JPG IMG_1570.JPG IMG_1568.JPG IMG_1566.JPG IMG_1564.JPG IMG_1563.JPG IMG_1563.JPG IMG_1562.JPG IMG_1561.JPG IMG_1560.JPG

24. Starting on door regulators, glass channels and guides tomorrow and window patterns. And my New Years Resolution is to drive the Hell out of it. Cheers and stay safe.

Hank37, brEad, 509garyd and 3 others like this.
  25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

26. I'm sure it would be fun Rocky. But for as long as it has taken us to get these coupes on the road I have a real fear of breaking something before I get a chance to drive it much. I don't have a lot of money to fix broken shit. Ha!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    Stogy likes this.
  27. I will have multiple options for wheel treatment depending on my mood. I like both of these. I do really want the tallest cheater slick I can get for this thing that isn't too wide. That is my next tire purchase.

Stogy likes this.