Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Curbspeed Coupe. "Holy Hell" 10/4/2020

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by curbspeed, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Dale, the reveal is an awesome idea and the work looks excellent. I too am no fabricator, I also do everything with a MIG and a grinder so I know the work your doing :D I can't wait to see the reveal with the body sitting on it, I bet it will be slick ;)

heavydumper likes this.
  2. Here is my rear Model T spring and quickie. I still need to have everything done inside the QC. Also my 37 tube axle and PSI hairpins. My rear spreader bar end mod.

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy and Stogy like this.
  3. Chris, I put pics up on post 24 of the reveal.

4. I bought some wheel disc's from Kevin Lee many years ago when I was building my rpu. I got an aluminum set that I ran for a while on the truck when I had Kelsey's on it. I also had him spin me up a set of steel ones as well. Here is the mock up with the 39 Lincoln brakes and C4 Racing backing plates that will be chrome. I plan to chrome most of the frontend. The wheel disc's will be powdercoated black. This car will be fully painted. No flatblack this time. I learned my lesson. Plans call for Hugger Orange with a wide white stripe down the middle with black pinstipping outlines on the white stripe. Tires are now mounted up on 8.20x 16 rear Firestone dirt track tires and the front are 560x 16. Rims are 40 Ford fronts that are 4 1/2" and rears are 39 Merc that are 6".

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
    ls1yj, mgtstumpy, Stogy and 1 other person like this.
  5. Well, I am getting tired for the night. I will resume this post at a later time with update as I do them. Thanks for looking. Inspiration comes in all forms.

Attached Files:

6. 63Compact

63Compact

Looking good I like the front horn mod. And the reveal adds to the flow.

7. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

wheels are killer,gonna be a badass coupe

8. WEBSTER

WEBSTER
    Member Emeritus
    from Tacoma, Wa

Dale: Looks very swoopy so far, nice to see your ideas coming together just like you and I discussed. Makes me want to drop some pics of the Tall T sedan on the HAMB. Dad

9. I think you should Dad. Your 27 T sedan is looking good and I am sure everyone here would like to see it. I'll call you soon to talk shop and Christmas stuff. Thank all for the compliments. Hope to get more done this weekend.

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Those seats are passenger seats out of a Beech 18.

Stogy and kidcampbell71 like this.
  11. Rocket88

Rocket88

Hay Dale, good to see you're alive and well!
    This will be a great build, I wouldn't expect anything less after the RPU.
    What about a Packard 3 speed with an overdrive for a tranny?
    I've got several sitting under the bench.

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Very nice indeed, I love what you did to the frame rails.

13. the-rodster

the-rodster

LOVE IT !

Keep us posted.

Rich

14. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Awesome work man, great ideas too!

15. tinmann

tinmann

Love the chassis mods. Carry on.

16. I have been waiting a long time for your build thread to start on this car. Did you keep the first house or did you sell it? It looked like the garage work out great for the start of the build. keep the updates coming.

17. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

Off to a good start Dale. That's goin to be a coooool ride.
    Mike

18. Loving it so far.
    I think you've got a bit of a wait before Squeak gets back from NZ.

19. 37RAT

37RAT
    from Wisconsin

Gee's, made my day just looking at the great ideas and craftsmanship. Wish I was living in AZ again! Have a Merry Christmas!

20. WOW! I'm building a 34, five window also. Love your ideas. I was wondering what to do with my rear rails as my car is gonna be bobbed off too. Never gave a thought to doing what you did with yours. I'll be looking into it. Plan to lean the A-pillars? If you plan to fill the top, I've found an early corvair coupe top skin has the perfect contour.

Attached Files:

21. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

man this thing is going to rule!! I really dig the PSI hairpins.. where did you get those? if you don't mind me asking :D

22. seatex

seatex

Off to a damn good start Mr. Seaholm. If that thing turns out as cool as your truck, it's going to one badass ride! Congrat's, it's looking damn good........................ jb

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Really nice work. Love the front end and the '32 rail treatment!!!!

24. Jimmy

Jimmy

Dale -

Looking good man. I'm glad to see you are finally able to dig into this. Love the pictures. Keep them coming.

25. x2, Took the words right out of my mouth! haha....how cool are they!?!?

And how cool are those wheel/disc/backing plate combos!?!?! and how cool is that frame looking with the 32 reveals grafted in ?!?!?!?!??

On a side note, Dale's pickup was one of the first hotrods that I truly fell in love with after seeing it in a magazine years ago. A while after that, I was pleasantly surprised to see it in one of my Mad Fabricators DVD's.....it was one of the major influences and inspirations for me to build my own hotrod pickup.

Looks like there's going to be another one of his creations now, to influence and inspire us all again, and most likely bring some more new rodders into the craft.

Keep up the great work ! You have a great sense of style in your designs, concepts and execution. As an artist, I see the real depth of your work and have a great appreciation for it. Most people don't realize how difficult it is to create unique one off things with so much depth, but at the same time making them so simple in their aesthetic and function.

I think you would have gotten along great with Henry!

-Steve

26. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

The PSI hairpins are the tits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27. ^^^^^^^^ Everything about this build "are the tits"!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

28. kisam

kisam

Subscribed! This is gonna be good!

29. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

X2! Man I'm not sure what my favorite part of this build I like the most so far! The whole build is bitchin'! POST MORE!

30. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

Whos black 3 window,any info on it,nice build.