Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is the HAMB really slow?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Django, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I'm on a DSL line and the HAMB used to be pretty fast. Almost instantaneous. Now when I post or want to go to My Home, it is such a dog. It takes about 18 seconds to load. Am I the only one? Do I have a bad setting or something?

(mac running 9.1)

2. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Its not just you. I have a cable modem and I normally run a one dot and it takes about 15 secs. also. Ryan said that it needs to tweak it to adjust for the traffic. 30,000 hits in the first 15mins of it being back alive.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

3. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Damn. Well I hope it gets sorted out reasonably soon. I'm sure Ryan is under mucho stress at the moment with the switch.

4. CAS

CAS

Django...you're not alone. I have a cable connection and the HAMB used to smoke. Now it feels like a dial-up connection. I'm sure it will get quicker in time. This has got to be a shitload of work for one guy to handle.

5. Steve

Steve

it was really slow yesterday and today and now all of a sudden its faster.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Sorry guys, it will be sporatic at best till Friday. After we tune the server it will be much faster than the old board... This thing will fly.

7. Django

Django
    from Chicago

In other words, this will be a VERY productive week for me at the office! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

:lol:

8. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

im having trouble getting on the HAMB,ive only been able to check the board a few times .most the time i dont make it pass the index. usually i get a
    Web Site Not Responding
    The web site you have requested may be experiencing technical difficulties due to a busy or broken server.
    Please try again by clicking the Reload icon on your navigation bar or, if that doesn't work, you may want to return to the site at a later time.
    504 Connection Timed Out

anybody else see this? just wondering if im the only one. im on dial up,but i havent experinced this anywhere else

9. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

this is what i just got after i hit the continue button to post my reply
    504 Gateway Timeout
    This Web page could not be opened. There may be too many people accessing this page or the page may be unavailable. Please try again later.

again,just asking cuz i wasnt sure if it was maybe i have a problem or if others were getting this ,im on AOL if it makes a difference /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

10. You gotta admire Ryan! For a one man show he puts large, corporate web sites to shame.
    He must have balls the size of watermelons! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

11. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

ok ,now im able to move around the HAMB fine.only thing i can think is maybe cuz theres so much traffic and im on dialup im just to slow to get on i guess.

and yes mucho props to Ryan!!!

12. I'm on DSL and it's really slow for me, too. It started moving a little better this afternoon (Monday. West Coast Time) but now it's draggin' again. For some reason it totally chokes my wife's Mac laptop (on DSL, too). I can't wait to start getting into all the new HAMB stuff Ryan, but right now it seems totally constipated.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif