Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods CupHolder Taboo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrPhat40, Feb 17, 2017.

1. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I see some bike stories have slipped in... back in the early 90's I took my Concours to the Grand Canyon and back from San Diego on a weekend ride. I left early in the AM and made it to Williams easily the first day. No cup holder, of course, I just have drinks / food when I stop for gas. On the way back, the reversed trip took me thru a lot of desert later in the day than during the ride out. I also had an old Fox MX jersey on, and the ventilation holes helped to super-dehydrate me while I was running at speed - little did I know. I was feeling great until I started seeing visions of Jimi Hendrix. After an hour sitting inside at a McD's and a 1/2 gallon of water later, I thought it was safe to continue home. Who knows how bad the crash would have been if I had "toughed it out." Now I can't imagine not having drinks while driving, especially in open cars on long trips. When they first came out, I immediately bought a CamelBak water bag for long trips on the bike. Gary

i.rant likes this.
  4. I love him too. But he's so friggin opinionated and high strung that you have to take the piss out him before he pops a blood vessel on his forehead and bleeds out onto his computer keyboard while every one else is sleeping.....[​IMG]

57 Fargo and loudbang like this.
  5. Likewise. I'll be doing 2000-2500 miles in a 4-day work week starting Monday.

Sent from my A520L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. On long trips I have a camel back hanging on the back of the seat full of ice water. When I need a drink I just reach for the drinking tube.

loudbang and falcongeorge like this.
  7. Me and a buddy just decided we could wear adult diapers.

Kan Kustom and falcongeorge like this.
  8. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Anybody ever use a gauge pod, like this?

s-l1600 (5).jpg

Stogy, loudbang and clem like this.
  9. eddie1

eddie1

I like your use of the oil pan!

loudbang likes this.
  10. southerncad

southerncad

I with you, OK Philly the Greek, fess up, what it that cupholder out of?

loudbang likes this.
  11. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Good one... source? Gary

12. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

If you are building a console, you can find all kinds of plastic and SS cup holders for sale on ebay. Most are sold for boats or, believe it or not, folks who make their own poker tables! Extra points for tiny lights inside them so you can find them in the dark! Gary

loudbang and i.rant like this.
  13. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I think that's a so-cal pod. No idea if it's the correct size.

Stogy likes this.
  14. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks !

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Clunker, I am a LOT more relaxed than you think, I am laughing through most of it. Sometimes its laughing at more than laughing with;), but trust me, I find the bullshit he-man, holier than thou posturing that dominates this place humourous indeed.
    I have no problem with someone wanting to put cupholders in their car, but I DO despise self serving bullshit, and the idea that is put forward on this thread, namely that you have to have cupholders to drive long distances, and that if you don't have cupholders, you DONT drive long distances, is just more of the usual on-going HAMB dick-swinging self serving bullshit. Its no different than the MORONS on here that will tell you they "know" a car isn't driven because its painted and finished. Makes for a long ignore list anyway...End of story.

scotty t, Kan Kustom and clunker like this.
  16. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Man ! Next thing they come up with will probably be rationing how many breaths you can take per minute to conserve air and less exhales of hot breath helps keep down global warming. I feel for you guys out there. Please keep fighting these life chokers out there for all of us. When they get away with passing that crap out there, it spreads to the rest of us.

loudbang and trollst like this.
  17. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I have never understood why someone has to understand why Others have to eat and drink while driving down the road. Live and let live man . It is not a cookie cutter world. :rolleyes::)

deadbeat, loudbang and i.rant like this.
  18. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have some real estate to play with. I am putting a modified '60 Thunderbird console in my '60 Falcon.

loudbang and Chavezk21 like this.
  19. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I like sliced jalapeños on my corn flakes!

whiplash1923T and loudbang like this.
  20. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I got heartburn just reading that ! I will get back to this thread right after I get my antacids...... reminder to self...... build antacid holder for hot rod.

21. Oh I'm with ya, 100% there. I get hit in the nose with a rolled up newspaper standing up to people here often enough. Half the fun of it tho. Lots of swinging dicks.

I know that you are being sarcastic, and probably aren't "really" gonna bust a vein in your forehead and bleed out, just joshin', (I liked the dramatic imagery, imagine explaining that to someone's life ins co.) and I also wanted the chance to use that smiling moose-Canada reference.

I'm in the camp of: cupholder-eating-drinking or no cup holder-eating-drinking, either way is fine. Beginning of story. Rave on!

loudbang likes this.
  22. upspirate

upspirate

23. jazz1

jazz1

IMG_0052.JPG
    Looks similar to cup holders mid '80s to '95 Toyota cars and trucks. This is spare for my '91 truck

loudbang likes this.
  24. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

I much rather see a cup holder than a ash tray.Cup holder can be used for a harmless bottle of water.Ash tray has one use and its not good.

25. loudbang likes this.
  26. MrPhat40

MrPhat40

Gary
    Be my guest to take my idea and run with it.
    I learned a long time ago this adage: If I give you a dollar and you give me a dollar we each have one dollar. But if I give you an idea and you give me an idea we now each have TWO ideas.
    My utter surprise regarding this post of mine is just how much it stirred the pot seems to be up to 9 pages and possibly growing.
    Many great ideas and comments some grousing but what the heck.
    I can not wait to see the reaction to my next post coming soon.
    Hope to see ya on the street keep it real

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  27. I don't know ash trays are kind of a traditional place to keep change. :D

upspirate likes this.
  28. southerncad

southerncad

OK, here is my cupholder, not in the car currently, getting ready for a refill before I head out...looks sorta' HAMB friendly don't it? cupholder.jpg

upspirate and loudbang like this.
  29. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Dont want to get too heavy here but I just lost my mom yesterday.She smoked like a chimney for years and paid the price.When I was young and more stupid, I could of used a cup holder to hold my beers. Times sure have changed.

30. It's really sad. Sorry to hear that. My mom died around Thanksgiving. It's been a tough winter for us. Hang in there, we will all be together some day.