Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Ct. gas station closed till thaw !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by edcodesign, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Well it's not normal this time of year to be so warm but I'll take it. Just a few weeks ago we were snowy and cold. It will return on Monday.

2. Jibs

Jibs

Just took a peak out my front door, my El Camino did not have any snow on it 15 minutes ago, driveway was clean. Here it is not 3:10pm. I'm tried of snow!! el camino 3pm 2-14-15.JPG

3. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

You got to be $hitting me, is there a El Caminio? Where?

4. We are under a winter storm watch fro Sunday night till Tue morning.They are calling for 3 to 6 inchs which freaks people out here in East T.N. I came from N.J.and that was nuttin.LOL.Bruce.

5. It is 81* and nice and sunny , I have been here for 15 years now. I do not miss the snow at all.

6. Wind chill tonight to be 20 to 25 below 0, with snow showers. To darn cold for me. I need spring. Heard there was a 107 car pile up in erie today. This global warming is killing me!!!! LOL.

7. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Damn, we had to turn our AC on today. I feel for you guys.

8. Jibs

Jibs

[QUOTE You got to be $hitting me, is there a El Caminio? Where? [/QUOTE]

Look between the slats right of the light post. 15 Minutes before there was snow only on the lawn, nothing on the road or on the El Camino. My son lives in OK, 76 & sunny when I sent him this picture. Next winter it looks like OK here I come.

9. Dan Timberlake

Dan Timberlake

10. floored

floored

Stop at a truck stop on 77 and get some additive on your way. I'd bet money that the stations down there don't have winterized or blended diesel. Get your diesel up here from a name brand station and you should be fine. Kerosene works well too.

Ron

11. come on out for a visit....bring a shovel:D

12. Its 7 degrees here. And the windshield if you believe in that stuff is in the negatives. If your out side longer then 5 minutes the snot in your nose freezes. Burning a lot of wood this winter to keep the shop in the mid 40s.

13. Anti - Gel, a block warmer, extension cord and a 120 volt electrical outlet to plug it in if you intend to shut it off for an extended period of time.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  14. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We've gotten 65 inches in the last 18 days and looks like another 12-15+ inches coming tonight. Just keep telling myself spring is right around the corner.
    Snow Feb 2015 010 rs.jpg Toni\'s Lexus snowed in 2 14 15.jpg

15. look on the bright side.....you don't have to mow the lawn and whack weeds.

16. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Snowing like heck here right now , hopefully only getting a couple more inches . Supposed to be bitterly cold though w/negatives at night :(

17. clem

clem

Wow. Cool shed! ( pardon the pun). We are having a drought here in Waikato New Zealand.

18. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

IMG_1192.JPG IMG_1193.JPG SNOW 008.jpg SNOW 009.jpg We've got NUTHIN here in SoCal and near 90 today :p
    I've got a 10ft tall tomatoe plant in my garden that I planted LAST MARCH that's STILL producin tomatoes fer each night's dinner

SEND somea that white stuff PLEASE!

19. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

SanDiegoHighwayman likes this.
  20. jazz1

jazz1

image.jpg This is when synthetic oil is a blessing! Temps nearing the effing cold range

21. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

We have had wonderful weather this week in Wyoming. Unseasonably warm. It got up to almost 70 on Friday. I hate to ask for it but we need snow out here. There is almost no snow up on the mountains and that translates to a dry hot summer. Fire bans will be up before the end of spring. No fun going camping with out a campfire. There are trees starting to bud out too. I just hope they don't open and then it freezes. Snow is supposed to come today but not much moisture is forecasted. Right about now I would be happy to take a foot or 2 of snow from New England.

22. I'd like to have (fresh tomatoes) what we don't have but I just have to take (snow, ice and cold) what we get.

23. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

*that's* the kind of temp that, when I was a kid, workin @ a Phillips66 station in Metamora Illinois, would freeze a bare hand to a metal gas pump nozzel :eek:

24. Jibs

Jibs

[QUOTE="SanDiegoHighwayman, We've got NUTHIN here in SoCal and near 90 today :p
    I've got a 10ft tall tomatoe plant in my garden that I planted LAST MARCH that's STILL producin tomatoes fer each night's dinner

SEND somea that white stuff PLEASE![/QUOTE]

Shit, I have snow drifts deeper than 10 feet. Come & get all the snow you want. Jibs

25. These last two winters have been brutal in this part of country. If you take notice to the patterns (wet, cold, dry or warm) when our area gets hammered other areas in the country seem the get relief.