Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Who else lost rides in the CAMP fire/California fires?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flynn's_57, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Flynn's_57

Flynn's_57
    from Nor*Cal

Paradise, CA. Wildfires all over. Who else? Camp-Fire-Justins-4905 (2).jpg Camp-Fire-Justins-4915.jpg Camp-Fire-Justins-4911.jpg Camp-Fire-Justins-4910.jpg Camp-Fire-Justins-4909.jpg Camp-Fire-Justins-4904.jpg

Attached Files:

Jalopy Joker likes this.
  2. Flynn's_57

Flynn's_57
    from Nor*Cal

2nd car I learned to drive on, inherited from my hero, is it possible to rebuild? At this point it may be "car" or "home", hahahah. Not really sure what to do here. Went to buy a record the other day and remembered I don't have any records or a record player anymore.

Can I get a little support guys?
    All I ever wanted was this to be the coolest ride on the street!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    kidcampbell71 and Jalopy Joker like this.
  3. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

You’re still breathing.
    That’s a win.
    The rest is just stuff

4. AndersF

AndersF

Yep, The fire really takes it all.:(

Flynn's_57 likes this.

5. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

I can't say anything to help you feel better other than at least you're alive and I hope you get compensated properly from insurance. This must be tough.

Flynn's_57 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. Wow....I don't know what to say. The devastation is unreal. So sorry man....

Flynn's_57 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. F&J

F&J

It takes a real man to let others know his pain.

The only good thing I can think of to help...is that many men lose everything they ever worked for very late in life...and if that you in the pics?...you still have your best years to kick some butt and get back on top. And...You will.

8. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't imagine what it would feel like to go through this. No amount of being sad or unhappy will replace all you lost but you have your health and your a fairly young man so you have it within you to redo anything you lost.

6inarow and Flynn's_57 like this.
  9. slim38

slim38
    from Sudan TX
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Man that's tough. Glad you're alive and hope things work out for you from here on. Keep your chin up and keep on truckin ahead. God bless.

Flynn's_57 likes this.
  10. BJR

BJR

Don't give up, it will take time but you will get it together and have fun again.

Flynn's_57 likes this.
  11. prayers out to all the fire victims...

Lil32 and Flynn's_57 like this.
  12. Won't insurance cover some of the loss?
    If not auto, maybe homeowners?
    I am sure they won't cover "full replacement value", but could give you a place to start.
    You have my deepest sympathies!

Flynn's_57 likes this.
  13. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

With California's bull shit permitting laws maybes 10% of the places will get rebuilt in 10 years. It will take 5 years just to move all out to dumps, Nope we don't have "dumps" in California anymore... Recycling centers.

Flynn's_57 likes this.
  14. Man, that is just incomprehensible.

The pic of you sitting on the trunk speaks volumes.

It would be hard to even know where to start.

Be thankful that you made it out.

Flynn's_57 likes this.
  15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

the folks that run Nor-Cal Nostalgia Drag Racing association lost everything too - check them out on facebook - Saturday they put on a show in Folsom to raise funds and other donations for victims of the Camp Fire 20181215_154145.jpg

16. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Probably no saving that Ford, but itll make great yard art at the new house. What a bummer!

Flynn's_57 likes this.
  17. squirrel

squirrel

I don't know what to say.

grapeboy and Flynn's_57 like this.
  18. upload_2018-12-17_11-25-50.jpeg

I can't imagine being in your shoes and I am sure it hurts to see all the work you have put in your Fairlane destroyed but as bad as it seems right now you are alive and you will
    go on to build more cars in the future. HRP

19. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Sorry, man.

Bones

Flynn's_57 likes this.
  20. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

very sad-but you are alive-wishing you the best moving forward

Flynn's_57 likes this.
  21. belair

belair

22. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

May the good Lord bless you and yours going forward.

Flynn's_57 likes this.
  23. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

WOW! It's looks like the fire stopped just after the chain link fence, and the 58 Ford might have been saved; so close, yet so far away. I can't even begin to imagine what all these people are going through, especially those who lost family/friends. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Flynn's_57 likes this.
  24. My first thought was of Tom Medley. His 40 coupe burned in a garage fire and everybody said it was finished. Some body guy was able to use all the original metal except the hood [I think] and it came out looking good. Maybe there's a way?

Lil32, Flynn's_57 and Nicholas Coe like this.
  25. Your pictures are tough to look at, and I sure as hell wouldn't want to see it from your prospective. How fixable the Ford is will depend how much hell your willing to go through to bring it back. If you have any realistic thoughts of rebuilding, get it soda blasted ASAP to at least stop major rust from setting in.
    Be realistic and honest with yourself when evaluating if the sentimental value outweighs the amount of work it will take to rise from the ashes. Know one would blame you from walking away from this kind of challenge. Good luck either way.

Flynn's_57 likes this.
  26. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry about your stuff. That's got to be a heartbreaker. Glad to see that you are safe. Hope you have some insurance money coming and can find a replacement. The photos you posted here can be your memory.

Flynn's_57 likes this.
  27. BJR

BJR

I think you should remove the crybaby part of the title. We all feel your pain or can sympathize with the situation.

6inarow, Flynn's_57 and j hansen like this.
  28. As burn cars go that doesn't look so terrible, I don't see any warping or melting of the metal. The front of it particularly.

I think if I could get past how depressing it must be to look at it, I'd try to clean it up and see if it would take paint. If the paint will stick, the rest can all be redone.

Flynn's_57 likes this.
  29. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

Man, that sucks. But, as someone who has lost everything I owned 3 different times, as long as you are breathing, you can come back.

6inarow and Flynn's_57 like this.