Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruzin Magazine Nostalgia Series 2016

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Sep 12, 2016.

1. spanners

spanners

Sunday 11th September was the running of the final round of the 3 series Nostalgias. It was instigated to try to get a bit more interest in Nostalgia Drag Racing which is waning. It seemed like a good idea but the logistics were a bit flawed due to round 3 only being 4 weeks after round 2. The distance between the drag strips is about 800 klms (500 miles). It might not sound like a lot, but in Australia we don't have a very flash road system. As a result any distance travelled becomes expensive especially when towing a trailer.
    My wife and I were able to do all 3 rounds by saving up for the last 12 months and taking some annual leave. Back in February we travelled to Queensland for round one which I won. Four weeks ago we travelled back up to Queensland for round two which I won through being the only one left running.
    Last Sunday we travelled down to Sydney for the last round. Don't get me wrong, I do it because I love racing especially Nostalgia events because you don't get the egos you get at Championship days.
    We had a field of six HAMBsters which wasn't too bad. After 2 qualifying runs we went into racing. I was against Jeff who red lit so I kept into it anyway to see how I went dial in wise. I dialed 14.32 and ran 14.317. Oops, could've broke out if Jeff hadn't red lit. Jeff had dialed 12.82 so there was bit of a gap at the start.

2. spanners

spanners

I'll keep you hanging. More tomorrow night.

3. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Cool. And in that he passed you too soon anyway, it looks like he'd've broken out worse than you after all. ;)

4. spanners

spanners

Steve was up against Gerard and Jeremy Boskovich was against the Mangrove Mountain car (sorry, I can't remember his name).

5. spanners

spanners

Second run was against Gerard, his 13.90 against my 14.30. I took the win, 14.344 against 14.080.

6. spanners

spanners

Third run was against Steve. My dial was 14.30, Steve's 13.89. I ran 14.389, Steve ran 13.920. It was a very tight, close race.

That gave me 3 wins and a run in the final against Jeremy. The track had cooled off slightly and I used a bit too much right foot, lost traction and thought I had thrown it away. I tried to make up the difference but alas I made him breakout instead. Jeremy ran 14.711 on his 14.72 dial, I ran 14.601 on my 14.3 for the win.
    It also gave me a clean sweep in the Nostalgia series. I was pretty chuffed about that.

That's all folks, until next time.

Drewfus likes this.
  7. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Great videos, Congrats

8. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Great stuff. Fun watching. :cool:

Please tell me that isn't a knock I hear on the return road in that last vid. o_O

9. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Double thumbs up spanners! Great go. Good stuff. :D

10. spanners

spanners

No knock that I detected. I think that might have been my seatbelt buckles hitting the sides as I took them off. (At least I hope so). I could be jinxing myself here, but in the last month I've done 28 runs and only opened the toolbox once for a spanner to fit a new fan belt.

11. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

Good job. thx for the vids