Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crushing junk yard in OK.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pee Wee, Aug 13, 2010.

1. Pee Wee

Pee Wee
    from Houston,TX

In Stillwater Oklahoma, about 60 miles NE of Oklahoma City. This old man had arround 3000 cars and is crushing them for $400.oo each. I found him last week and he only had about 200 left. Only a few cars left to build, but LOTS of parts cars. Now, the man will not sell parts. . . you have to buy the car for $400.oo . There are a lot of 50's cars of all makes, some hard to find cool sh*t. There is not much 40's stuff, but there are about ten 38-39 chevys. If you need a parts car , call him and get it NOW... If not call anyway just to drive the crazzy old fart more crazzy for crushing things that will never be again, and not letting us get the good stuff off first. Mr Hauf (405)372-1585 You can see it on Google map , about one mile south of Stillwater OK, on HW 171, and 44th . yes thats it , the place that looks like a parking lot. Good luck, save what you can P.S. and piss him off...

2. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

I'm sure pissing him off will get us pretty far in saving what we can.

3. Satinblack

Satinblack

hum that comes to a quick $1.2 million (thanks Dan10 for correction) wish i had 3000 cars laying around lol, damn really wish i had them now

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  4. Dan10

Dan10
    from Joplin

Try 1.2 Million.

5. Satinblack

Satinblack

LOL you right, that shows how easy i'd be to satisfy let me fix that

sounds like the old man is pretty smart

6. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Tried calling, he won't answer, he must have that crusher red hot and drool running down his chin thinking about smashing all those cars and getting that 1.2 out there in the hot sun, Quit callin me ya basterd kids, hehehehhee, smash smash smash. I'm gonna buy me dancin girl hehehehehee.

7. Satinblack

Satinblack

He could have had alot more then that if he didnt crush those 12 3 window 32 coupes he had..............

8. We have bought several cars from him, he is normally only there from 9 till noon these days with the heat. Lots of kool stuff last time we were there.

9. JoelOkie

JoelOkie
    from Oklahoma

I have also known him and that yard for quite some time. I have a nice solid 46 International pickup that came from his salvage. He had a few nice Nash, Hudson, Packard, and other cars of that vintage and era at times. Lots of Fords and Chevys. Like you said, maybe not so many cars a guy might just start in and build back, but a gob of great parts cars, some which I can only imagine that a lot of guys would give their left nut for. Higher salvage prices has resulted in way too many good cars getting crushed around here. Joel

Attached Files:

10. rocknrollratfink

rocknrollratfink
    from LA

DAMn!

1st off How am i gonna get 400 bucks?

2nd How the hell am i gonna get to OK?

11. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

Bought many parts over the years from them . Mr & Mrs Hauf are very nice people.

12. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Send me $500 and tell me what you want. $100 of that is for gas.:)

13. TJratz

TJratz

I bought my 50 chevy there...

14. See, now sooner or later when enough people piss me off, I'm going to run it all over with a bulldozer and then haul it in pre-crushed. You get more a ton that way. So pissing this guy off is probably a bad idea.

15. Pee Wee

Pee Wee
    from Houston,TX

Yes, Mr Hauf was very nice to me when I whent by there, but I offered big money to load a trailor of parts ,to keep them from being no more, and he could still keep the cars and sell them to the crusher for the same $400. He would have none of it, and gave me that punk ass kid toood !!! Like my money was no good, or I was insulting him... It was gooood money. But I'm not mad , just disappointed that all those buick side trim and all the other good stuff is soon to be gone.

16. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I just spoke with him, sounds like a very nice guy. He said all the Mopars are crushed out though. :(

17. bonebroke

bonebroke
    from WI.

money realy is the root of all evil! and thats evil!

18. jernlee

jernlee

Just called him sounded like a good dude

19. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

wish it was closer and they had some 39-46 chevy/gmc truck.thanks

20. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

wish I wouldn't have blown so much on a new camera this week, I can always use more project cars!

21. Deuces

Deuces

I could see him now.. "Farewell and ado to you fair spanish ladies"....... LOL :)

22. nutajunka

nutajunka

If he could just have someone pull the good parts and save the coupes and such he would be able to make what he's getting and then some. I know of an old junkyard who's owner is getting really up there and they will probably find him dead out in his yard one of these days. That's all he knows and even comes from a blacksmithing family. I need to go see him before his time comes.

23. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

I have to question how old the google earth satellite pic is. I have bought a ton of crap off the old man over the last 5 yrs. Wife and I drove over last summer since its 20min from her parents, and wasnt anything out there. Check back through some posts here for HAUF. Seems like there was a hemmings article or something about it closing.

24. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

Word that this yard would be closing has been out for years now. It's been on the Hamb a number of times a year or more ago, as well as most other points of interest for car folks online. Word I have is that it's pretty well cleared out at this point. I drove by it on Memorial day weekend this year. I didn't stop, but the view from the road showed it to be thinned out a whole lot. It was a really good salvage for years. It's not owned by some old nutbone. These folks knew their business very well.

25. When we went 20 years ago, it took about a day to walk it and look at all the cars and trucks, when we went about 2 years ago it took about 3-4 hours. I have heard that most buildable cars are gone but still a few good parts left for the money. And yes, google earthing it is crazy as a yard with roads that needed signs to not get lost is a great yard. or was .........

26. Money only seems evil when you don't have any. Profit is how you earn money. Profit enough and it no longer matters.

It makes sense the guy will only sell whole cars, then they're gone and no longer his liability to worry about. Who the hell wants a bare carcass with no value to it that only the scrap man will buy - and for less money, since it weighs that much less? Not only that, what happens if someone gets hurt taking a car apart on his property? Who gets sued?

27. Business first...come backs second....been there with money in hand...also been around crushin for years...good luck though...

28. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

There was an article in a recent Old Cars Weekly about a junk yard full of old iron being auctioned off. The owner is selling the yard to a person who only wants to sell late model parts. The current owner says he can buy a Ford Explorer at an insurance auction for $2500, sell two or three parts and make back his money, the rest is cream. With the old cars he's lucky to sell $1000 in parts all summer. After the auction he's selling what's left to a crusher for $300 apiece. Sad to see the old iron get crushed but if a yard can't get as much for old iron as it can for a few parts off late model wrecks I really can't blame them.

As for money being the root of evil, the only people who say that are the people who don't have it. I don't say it now even though I don't have any, but some day I hope to. I don't think I've ever known anyone who would turn down a profit.

29. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

He does need to sleep sometime. I'm in the business of midnight auto salvage.:cool:

30. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus