Register now to get rid of these ads!

crunch

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slowforty, Jun 27, 2006.

1. slowforty

slowforty

Hit a deer two weeks agwith the 40 Deluxe Tudor
    Insurance man came out last Monday

Anybody got a complete 40 Deluxe grille assembly for sale
    I need everything
    Grille side panels and all the brackets and panels and hood hold down stuff

Got an opinion on a radiator
    Shuold i recore the old one?
    Buy a new stock type?
    Or get an aluminum one?

Pictures available upon request
    Thanks
    Roger

2. Did you eat the damn deer?

3. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Yes, do tell--did the offender end up on your table? You guys grow 'em big up there. Probably over 125lbs dressed out? At the price of beef--from ground burger to premium filets--a deer in the freezer would at least have been a little salve for the damage.

Anyway, on the radiator--my preference is for a Griffin radiator, with stamped tanks, and then fog it black so it blends in and looks like a stocker.
    An electric fan, or at the very least a good shroud, and it may ease any running hot problems you might have had.

-Brad

4. phat rat

phat rat

Brad and Harry if you've ever cut up a deer that's been hit by a car you'd probably never do it again. I tried it one time, got about 10 lbs of usable meat didn't figure it was worth the effort and never figure on doing it again.

5. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I think a HAMBer that goes by "Lionhart" had one a while back. Otherwise why not by the repop stuff from Drake? I have a Standard and have one of his grill assemblies in mine, and I am pleased with it.
    I have a recored stock radiator with a new top tank...wouldn't do it again, as I am always worried about it bursting at the seams. My buddy just went with a US radiator in his 32 and is pleased. Its the old brass style.

6. 8769

from kennesaw

Pictures available upon request
    Thanks
    Roger[/quote]

pics of a dead deer? cool post em!

7. 4tford

4tford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear you tore your 40 up. I have a 40 tudor standard and have a radiator that I'm not using. It is a side flow modified to fit a 40 it is heavy duty for cooling I had it pressure tested and the rad hose changed to driver side top outlet and passenger side lower outlet. PM me if you are interested. I went with a griffin to save some weight up front since it has a Hemi in it. I used it to run my cam in it kept the temp below 180.

Attached Files: